Clear all

Earthquake II (this time in Lima)

19 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

It seems the situation is really worst in the cities of Ica and Pisco (in the south of Lima) .As I have been told by some reports the eartquake there reached 8.00 , so it practically was a cataclism there. We in Lima received a potent but more slight 6.00 degrees ones. The victims are increasing to 500 dead people. We are begining to make campaings of donations. As soon as I receive info about trsut worthy campaigns I will let you know.

Thank you all and thanks Nuno for your kind words.

Peace.

Posted : 17/08/2007 12:19 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I apologise for my supposedly humorous comments earlier, I didn't realise how serious the earthquake was at the time. I really should put my brain in gear before shooting my mouth off.

My sympathies and commiserations to those affected.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/08/2007 12:44 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I watched some images of Ica and Pisco on TV and... the most important now is to rescue the people between the buildings. The Spanish team is flying now. Sadly they have experience on similar disasters. Some informations speak about the main problem was to reach the disaster zone. I'm pretty sure we will send medical aids, food and water. Another countries also will collaborate.

Mucho ánimo Roberto!

Posted : 17/08/2007 12:53 am
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

I too didn't realise how serious the EQ was. My reply of "Glad everything's OK" obviously wasn't the right one.

My Thoughts and Prayers to those affected.

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 17/08/2007 1:40 pm
Page 2 / 2