Clear all

Flooded......??

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@dagwood)
Noble Member
Topic starter

In case any of you are in the flood prone areas of the mid-west. I wanted to extend my heart-felt concern for y'all.

I've been watching the news and am astonished by what I'm seeing. If there are any GN'rs being affected please let us know, though it may be a few days if your in a real bad spot.

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

Dagwood :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 13/06/2008 11:08 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Well, I live 2 miles and up hill from our river, so don't think I have to worry much about the home flooding.
My office however is right next to the river... water was already flooding the downstairs offices from mine, and some of the streets had water coming up through the storm drains yesterday. The river is right up to the top of the retaining walls, and is expected to crest around 14 feet on Monday, which is the highest it would be since they've kept records. May be interesting trying to go to work on Monday. The city is sandbagging as much as they can. I fell sorry for the folks who live around the river... some have already been evacuated.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/06/2008 12:02 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Flood warnings on the Muddy MO, lots of rain and lightning, with 70mph winds Thurs. Looks like it's drying up locally today with more rain coming tomorrow.
My Ma lives outside of Iowa City and mandatory evacuations are now underway.
North of there in Cedar Rapids it's about as bad as it could be with more on the way. right now pretty much the whole town is flooded.
West of her in Des Moines the river is cresting and they are evacuating there as well. hope it drys up soon. this year tornado's and rain have been hitting us pretty regular.

#4491....

Posted : 14/06/2008 4:55 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

we have been tornadoed instead of flooded up here in Minneapolis. south of us in farmland, the water is overflowing the banks.
little creeks are swollen currents. it is surreal that a whole town in Iowa is under water..in the summer yet. how bizarre.
Dan T lives in sandbagging distance of trouble. I live a block away from the Mississippi. I live in the city and the river is
at least 180 feet below me.
nice and dry. just in case....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 14/06/2008 5:55 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Hope everyone is safe and sound.

Posted : 14/06/2008 10:17 pm