Skip to content
From the strange bu...

Notifications
Clear all

From the strange but true file! (Video Out)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Here is the latest blog from Blue Coupe's band page:

http://www.bluecoupeband.com/BlueCoupeBand/Blog/Entries/2011/7/3_Making_of_the_Next_Video.html

Now my daughter and I have the back of our heads in the pic at the top of the blog. Not so strange as we were at the show after all. The strangeness is in the blog. Let me tell you this first.

The day before the show I decided to do a little kayaking. I put in in Alexandria Bay NY and decided to paddle around part of Wellesley Island. I heard music blasting and for a second thought, thats a Blue Coupe song. I decided since two of them were local people origionally I was probably not the only fan in the area and someone else had the CD. I paddled away singing one of their songs.

I'll save you from reading the whole blog and give you the readers digest version. They were shooting their next video for their CD up here ... on that day .... at their family cottage on the island I was paddling around. They had all their equipment set up in the yard and were doing shots lip syncing to a boom box. Oh if only I had followed the sound! :lol:

Here is the video .... no, I'm not in it ...... :( :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg7Kcy4XR9c&feature=player_embedded#!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 21/07/2011 12:49 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hey, quit stalking people. :lol: :lol:

That's cool, though. Did they wave you to go back out of sight? I stumbled on a movie scene once on a boat and had the crew frantically wave us off. "What about Bob?" was the movie.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/07/2011 3:34 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

:lol: No, no need to wave me off, I didn't see them or know at the time it was them. i just thought it was someone who had the CD and was cranking some tunes. I had no clue til I read the blog that it was likely them doing their video. I may not even have been close cause it's a big island and sound travels really far on the river.

Posted : 23/07/2011 6:13 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg7Kcy4XR9c&feature=player_embedded#!

Here is the video. Ahhhh ... what a beautiful day it was! Glad I didn't run into those vampires though!

Posted : 17/09/2011 8:27 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I thought that guy was making fence posts, not stakes. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 19/09/2011 2:39 pm