Skip to content
GIG ALERT!!! - Hous...

Notifications
Clear all

GIG ALERT!!! - House of Blues Foundation Room (Chicago)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Its been a while since I last posted but since then my band fired our bass player and reformatted our band and changed our name. During our last (Useaus) gig back in April, everytime we played a Matchbox 20 song the crowd swelled and then we'd play something else and you could feel the air slowly leave the room. So after the gig I talked to the singer, (he sounds A LOT like the singer for Matchbox 20, Rob Thomas). We batted the idea around for a couple of months while trying to book gigs for Useaus and no one was calling us back. I think there's just TOO MANY bands playing the same songs (Party Rock/Top 40/New Country format) so back in May we decided to make a change in our format and become "3AM", a Matchbox 20 tribute band. Since there's not enough material to cover a whole night we've added songs from Rob Thomas, Goo Goo Dolls, 3 Doors Down and Lifehouse. Now we're a "melodic rock" genre cover band.

My Band “3AM” will be making our debut by playing the House of Blues (Chicago) Foundation Room on Thurs (11/21) from 6pm-8pm, (the Foundation Room opens at 5pm). 3AM is Chicago's premier Matchbox 20 tribute band consisting of 5 very talented individuals that skillfully play the melodic rock format that began in the 90’s and continued well into the 2000’s. 3AM plays songs from Matchbox 20, Rob Thomas, Goo Goo Dolls, 3 Doors Down and Lifehouse.

If you’ve never been to the Foundation Room at the House of Blues it really is a secret jewel of Chicago and if you want to party like a “rockstar”, this is the place to do it!! The Foundation Room is a VIP Member’s Only club located on the 4th floor of the HOB and it has an ambiance that is both ethereal and seductive. To gain admission you have to access the hidden elevator behind the Foundation Room’s security podium. To access the Foundation Room you will need to be on the “guest list”!! If you’re not on the list and you just show up…THEY WILL NOT LET YOU IN (SECURITY IS TIGHT)!! Spouses/friends are welcome and there is a dress code (business casual, jeans are ok w/a collard shirt or blazer and NO GYM SHOES ALLOWED!!) So if you're in/near Chicago on (11/21) let me know if you’re interested in coming out and I will put you and your guest(s) on the list. If you want me to send you a reminder closer to the date let me know and I can send you an email a week before.

Hope to see you there!!! :D

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 24/10/2013 8:19 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Gig report?

Posted : 31/12/2013 9:07 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I just posted a gig report Laz!! :D

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 08/01/2014 8:04 pm