Clear all

Obituary: Lou Reed

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

From Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lou-reed-velvet-underground-leader-and-rock-pioneer-dead-at-71-20131027

All together now - "And the coloured girls go doo, de doo, de doo, doo de doo doo...."

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 27/10/2013 4:53 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Just saw that in the local news. He'll be missed.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 27/10/2013 5:33 pm
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Not a good day for rock and roll that's for sure.

Posted : 28/10/2013 7:07 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I did read the news. Sad news. R.I.P.

Posted : 31/10/2013 4:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Another of the greats - and a true rock'n'roll pioneer - gone.

Mind you, I can't tell you how many times I've cursed him when I've tried to play "Sweet Jane" (easy enough, D A G Bm G and A for the verses, and D and G for the choruses) and sing it at the same time (again, I can do a pretty fair impression of his vocal line, got the phrasing down to a tee) - putting guitar and vocal together is a real pain for that song! Vicious is easier, Waiting For The Man not too hard, and Walk on the Wild Side pretty easy - and thanks to Dan (Laz) for showing me the bass line!

RIP, Lou....you will be greatly missed.

:-( :-( :-(

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/11/2013 11:28 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I was a huge fan of Lou Reed back in the 70's, they had a special on yesterday morning about him, After that I had to break out some of his songs to listen to.

Rock and Roll Animal was/is one of my all time favorite albums.

We'll miss you Lou.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 04/11/2013 1:51 pm