Skip to content
GIG ALERT - Life is...

Notifications
Clear all

GIG ALERT - Life is Drama @ JW Holsteins (Tinley Park)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I'm a little behind on my gig reports...On Saturday, June 16th LIFE IS DRAMA returned to play JW Holsteins (Tinley Park) for our 3rd time since November 2011!! The first time we drew 99ppl and the second time we drew 125ppl but this was our first gig during the “summer season” where the bar crowds are routinely “light” and I think we had around 60ppl or so there. It's been awhile since that gig so I'll try to remember what transpired.

I remember I played like a “pro” that night (minimal mistakes), the crowd was appreciative even though it was light and no incidents this night. I remember it POURED rain during the second set so any crowd that we were going to get during the night probably just stayed home when that started. I remember during “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” our singer fake punched the bass player...& SHE HIM IN THE JAW (lightly)!!! I didn't see it but I heard about it at practice. :D I recognized one of the patrons who came out to see us, I know him from a Motley Crue tribute band that used to play in our area (since disbanded) but he looks A LOT like Vince Neil...just taller & heavier and he's got some pipes that's for sure!!! He was way in the back of the bar & I think Mindi let him sing a verse on Bon Jovi or Journey song.

That's about all I remember from that night. Maybe Jason can add some details from that night?

Thanks for reading and all the great comments!!! KEEP ROCKIN' !!!!

Tommy Gunz

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 09/07/2012 7:56 pm