Skip to content
GIG REPORT - Slight...

Notifications
Clear all

GIG REPORT - Slightly Offensive (Rokwelz/Chicago Blu)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I'm a little behind on my Gig Reports. I've been travelling back & forth to New York for the past 3 weeks coming home the day before gig nights and flying back the following Monday. I have to say I have the BEST EMPLOYER EVER since they allow me to work around my gig schedule as needed!!! SWEET!!! :D

So here's an update:
Tilted Kilt (Tues 5/17): This gig was cancelled the day before we were to play. The mgr said that if we wanted to play we could and we'd make our usual fee ($600) but honestly it was a Tuesday night so it would probably be dead. We decided to wait and (hopefully) play here again on 6/17 which is a Friday night and we'd have a better crowd...so that's what we're hoping for with this one!!!

Rokwelz (Sat 5/21): A repeat gig, we played here back in Feb and the crowd just kept building and building at that gig. Unfortunately it wasn't the same this time around. I was the solo guitar player this night too as Mike was playing with his other band nearby @ Fat Sam's. We played well as a band...wait...correction...somehow I forgot how to play Beastie Boys “Girls/Fight For Your Right to Party” after the first couple of notes of “Girls”. The rest of the band POWERED THRU but man...it didn't sound good that's for sure. One cool thing that happened was that we had a table of girls to my right that “LIKE”'d us on our Facebook page while we were there, that was pretty COOL!!! The “unfortunate” part of the night was instead of building a crowd they all slowly left until there was only like 10ppl by the time we ended. Oh well, better luck next time I guess... :|

Chicago Blu (Fri 5/27): Another repeat gig, this time w/Mike!!! Someone requested a Toga Party for their birthday this night so we promoted it that way...don't know what happened to the Birthday Party since there was only I think 4 ppl in Togas outside of the band. Our bass player dressed up in a Roman gladiator outfit which was funny. Saying things like “Hail Caesar”, “if you don't clap we'll feed you to the lions” etc. He said he was going to a bar near his house after the gig still wearing the outfit. He cracks me up!!! The gig went well, band played spot on and during ICE ICE BABY we had the bartender and the manager dancing on the bar (good sign). :D Crowd was a little thin (40ppl) or so but it was Memorial Day weekend so everyone is usually travelling out of town for the long weekend.

Our next gig is Sat 6/11/11 at Jack Desmond's (10339 Ridgeland Avenue, Chicago Ridge IL). We played here a couple of times now, the most memorable was our NYE gig here. Young crowd comes here so hopefully we do well here again!!!!

Thanks for reading & KEEP ROCKIN' !!!! :D

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 31/05/2011 3:16 pm