Clear all

GIG REPORT - Slightly Offensive St Practice Day@Tilted Kilt

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

This past Sunday night my band SLIGHTLY OFFENSIVE played @ The Tilted Kilt (Chicago Ridge). This was a repeat gig where we are scheduled to play the 17th of every month for their St Practice Day promotion. When I walked in the front door I saw our 3'x5' POSTER promoting our St Practice Day 17th gigs here...totally professional looking, all framed, REALLY COOL!!! :D Last time we played here (Feb 17th) we didn't play very well as a band, too many mistakes & I really thought we weren't going to be asked back but we did and this time we played TIGHT & not too loud this time. My buddy said it was the best he's ever heard us play!!! :D

The Blackhawks (hockey playoffs) were starting at 7pm, same time as us so they asked us to hold off and play during the intermissions so we chose 4-5 songs and tried to play as many as we could before the intermission was over & after the game was over we played the last hour straight thru till 11pm.

Overall we had a GREAT CROWD, the Kilt girls were all dancing up front w/us it was a GREAT GIG!!! We had a couple of people come up to us requesting songs, no problem, nailed ‘em, AND we had a couple of people asking for our business cards SWEET!!! We also celebrated our bass player's B-Day and The Kilt brought us a round of Yager Bombs and we drank free all night!!! I totally needed this type of gig after the last 3 gigs we had. Wasn't a HUGE crowd but it was a FUN crowd and THAT'S what I like!!! :D

Our next gig is 4/30/11 at Charleston's (2101 Calistoga Dr, New Lenox IL) A new room for us to ROCK OUT AT!!! Totally looking forward to playing this one after last night!!!

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 18/04/2011 1:21 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Yeah! that's fantastic - well done :D

Posted : 18/04/2011 5:03 pm