Where's Roy?

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Roy just wanted to make sure you're OK down there in NC. I saw those tornadoes on TV the other night that ripped through Raleigh.

Hope everything is OK down there.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 18/04/2011 2:57 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hey Man, No problems personally. I was telling Don a few stories. We were where the tornado went through in this footage about 30-45 minutes earlier, buying fresh strawberries at the farmer's market. http://www.wral.com/weather/video/9454747/#/vid9454747 Let the commercial play. Then you'll see the tornado. It is some astonishing footage.

My friend up the street has a daugher and son-in-law both working emt/ems that day in different stations. She saw a moped and it's rider lifted and carted away. Her husband was the one who had to cut out debris and building parts to get to two (or three?) young children that didn't make it. I cannot not imagine........

But we're OK. It missed us by a good 10 miles. The only thing un-natural ending up in our yard was a small piece of insulation. no bigger than a bit or two of cotton candy. The NWS is investigating up to 62 possible tonadoes in the state.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/04/2011 3:31 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well good that it missed you. I saw some pictures of some homes in Raleigh and it didn't look good. I used to travel through there from Charlotte on my way to New Bern.

To bad it didn't blow the roof off the local GC and dropped a few toys in the yard!

Posted : 18/04/2011 3:51 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It may have hit the GC. I was heading straight towards it. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think it probably went a couple blocks east of it. We're not gonna venture that way for a few days.

At the begining of the footage is where you would have driven through on a trip from Charlotte to New Bern. It's about the intersection of I-40 and Sound saunders Street. (north part of exit is downtown Raleigh, south is way into Garner) It wiped out the back or a landmark seafood place and tore the back off of the Harley shop. My friend said there were bikes everywhere. a couple blocks south and west is where we where, buying strawberries and eating some friend shrimp. We looked outside, saw the clouds and wind and logged onto her phone to see where the storm was. Saw it was what we thought was an hour away and decided to bail. Little did we know it was 30 minutes away. We had stuff hitting our car, powerline when down right beside us at a stop light (and forget the stop light afterwards) and make a huge noise. Scared the hell out of us both.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/04/2011 4:06 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Harley parts are good too! One thing I do remember about being down south was the amount of rain. We have heavy thunderstorms up here but man it seemed like everyone down there was worse the worst up here.

We did get a really bad one last year the first time I can remember it rivaling a storm down there. I think there's just alot more moisture in the air down there.

Posted : 18/04/2011 4:50 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Eek! Glad all is well with you.

Posted : 18/04/2011 5:02 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

We don't have rainy days from May 'til November unless it's a solid day of rain froma hurricane. Just storms rolling through. Kind of like Florida, in a way. Some years even the storms stop for a month or two. You can hit a 400 yard drive on the cheaper golf courses. Just bounce and bounce and bounce.....

Roy

Posted : 18/04/2011 5:02 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Eek! Glad all is well with you.
Thanks! :)

Roy

Posted : 18/04/2011 5:03 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

That's insane. I couldn't imagine being an emt or ems. Glad you are doing fine.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 18/04/2011 10:25 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Glad it missed you Roy!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 20/04/2011 8:03 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member