Happy 2010!

15 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter

This threads were usually posted by our friends in New Zealand and Australia...

Happy New Year! :D

Something is changing in Guitar Noise... :roll:

Posted : 31/12/2009 10:58 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR♪♫•*¨*•.¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 2010♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪HAPPY NEW YEAR ♪♫•*¨*•.¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪2010 ... HAPPY NEW YEAR♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ 2010♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪HAPPY NEW YEAR ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪2010♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 31/12/2009 11:04 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Happy New Year to you too, Nuno - and to everyone else at Guitarnoise!!!

It's now 2010 in England. Last music heard in 2009 was a live version of Dave Edmunds playing "Sabre Dance." First actual music heard this year, on the same show, was a pipe band (On Jools Holland's Hogmanay) playing Auld Lang Syne - followed by Tom Jones singing "In The Midnight Hour."

Eight minutes into the New Year and I haven't touched a guitar yet - is this a record?

Oh well - hope this year's better than last year!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 31/12/2009 11:10 pm
(@alangreen)

Happy New Year to you too, Nuno - and to everyone else at Guitarnoise!!!

It's now 2010 in England. Last music heard in 2009 was a live version of Dave Edmunds playing "Sabre Dance." First actual music heard this year, on the same show, was a pipe band (On Jools Holland's Hogmanay) playing Auld Lang Syne - followed by Tom Jones singing "In The Midnight Hour."

Happy New Year everyone - we're watching the Hootenanny too; Dizzee Rascal has just done some weird thing over Smells Like Teen Armpits and Florence & The Machine are covering Nina Simone.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 01/01/2010 12:02 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Dizzee Rascal has just done some weird thing over Smells Like Teen Armpits

See in Opinions and Polls under thread titled "first high/low points of 2010".....Mr Rascal is at #1 in the low points section so far, and probably will be till the X-Factor starts up again......

Oh, and where was Roger Daltrey? He was supposed to be on.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/01/2010 12:17 am
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Happy New Year to all....may you jam well...

Posted : 01/01/2010 2:08 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Happy New Year. I see spots, or too many black eyed peas!

Green Day was awesome as always, and that Selena Gomez is a real wizard, up & comer. What about that Bieber kid? From 'round here, started on Youtube and got discovered before he was 15. :roll:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 01/01/2010 5:29 am
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Happy 2010 everyone

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 01/01/2010 5:07 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Happy new year, all.

Co-incidentally, I'm in the process of ... umm... acquiring this year's Hootenanny. It should be ready for watching in about an hour or so.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 01/01/2010 7:56 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

happy new year all.

on the first new day I sat around a fireplace with a few friends and we jammed on our ukuleles.

one guy had had a hand accident. he cannot use three fingers on the fretting hand (middle, ring and pinky).
he was frustrated that he could not play his regular six string acoustic because those maimed fingers would brush against the strings. he can't control them yet.
I gave him the baritone uke and it worked perfect for him. his lame fingers don't get in the way.
it was a joy to see him take to the uke; I gave it to him to keep.

hope my karma is set for the year. :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 02/01/2010 3:01 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my first day of 2010, I huddled up around the nonexistent warmth of a broken boiler as temperatures dipped very low. When I got really cold, I went outside nekkid to warm up. :roll: I have my fingers crossed that the year gets better. Either that, or I've got a very strange case of frostbite....

Otoh, I do have a few lil projects cooking up so, as soon as I'm fully thawed, I'll get on to annoying you all with full and glorious details! :wink:

And I topped the amazing achievement of last year (cooking the Christmas dinner for a full house, completely solo, and not ruining it) by repeating that feat this year (with some improvements in taste, no less!) and remembering to send cards to people in time for them to possibly arrive before April*. Woo hoo.

*I even received reports that at least three of them arrived before the 25th. I think I may have peaked. :shock:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 02/01/2010 11:59 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

On my first day of 2010, I huddled up around the nonexistent warmth of a broken boiler as temperatures dipped very low.

Remember - burn the furniture first, then the shed. Leave the guitars till the very end!!!!

All the best babes - hope to jam with you again this year!

Vic

Posted : 03/01/2010 1:53 am
(@alangreen)

It must have been a weekend for boilers - our's sooted up and was chucking out thick black smoke. Luckily our repair man was working in the next village down and turned up in 30 minutes. I don't know where we'd be without him; Kath's a mizzog when she's cold.

2010 has started ok, rehearsals kick off with the Cambridge Guitar Orchestra this afternoon, and yesterday I re-learned the 2nd movement to Vivaldi's Concerto in D (RV93 for all you Vivaldi fans) with a load of ornamentation thrown in for the first time. It's a staple in the Classical Guitar repertoire but I'd not played it for a while because of all the Grade exams I was doing, so my performance set list is now five minutes longer.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 03/01/2010 6:44 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

This one had problems since back in the summer. I said back then that it should be serviced while it was still warm enough to do without it for a few days. But where's the fun in that? No, we get to have boiler break down in the middle of cold! Not good. I'd say "I told you so" if only I could get my teeth to stop chattering. And where's the shivering emoji when you need it? :?

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 03/01/2010 11:01 pm
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

A belated Happy New Year to everyone!! :D

Posted : 16/01/2010 10:05 am