Clear all

Happy New Year!!!

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well it's just gone 1am over here in England...an hour into 2006 and I haven't broken one resolution yet!!!

Wearing a Niquitin patch, haven't had a cigarette yet this year....

But I digress, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say to everyone on Guitarnoise "Have a great New Year!!!"

Let's hope 2006 is going to be better than 2005...I have a feeling somehow it's going to be a vintage year....

May all your hopes, dreams and ambitions be realised....hmm, that means over 10,000 new rock stars - bit of a glut on the market, but at least we might keep Westlife out of the charts...

Once again, have a great year one and all....

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/01/2006 12:08 am
(@davidhodge)

A Happy New Year to you as well, Vic! (and to everyone else out there! :wink: )

I'm having a wedge of Stilton in your honor, sir!

May everyone's year have three hundred and sixty five of the best days of your lives!

Peace

Posted : 01/01/2006 1:07 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2:09 and still haven't had a cigarette....

Got through a LOT of Jelly Babies though.....

Time for bed methinks, got family down for New Year's dinner at 12....means one of us has to be up at eight to put the meat in....and guess whose job
that's going to be?

Oh and David, you haven't lived until you've tried Stilton on TUC crackers with a smear of butter and Tesco's pickled shallots...since trying those, I
hereby declare all other pickles totally redundant....must be the chillis in the vinegar.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/01/2006 1:15 am
(@davidhodge)

Sometime in the next two years I intend to make it over there and then I'll have to give your pickled shallots a try.

Hang in there with the non-smoking Vic. If you want an incentive, why not add a running total to your signature?

("...the proceeding message brought to you by Vic, smoke-free for 1 day...")

Seriously, if you put in half the effort into not smoking that you do into your songwriting and music, you won't even care that you've quit!

Peace

Posted : 01/01/2006 1:19 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

That's exactly what I intend to do - channel the time and money wasted on smoking into music....

Daughter said tonight, "If you're really serious about giving up smoking, you need a hobby....something to keep your hands busy....

Duuuuuuuuuuh.....I thought I used both hands playing guitar....and in a lesser vein, typing.....

2hours 28 mins and still counting.....

Vic

Posted : 01/01/2006 1:28 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

I pledge a dollar a day to cancer research. For every day you don't smoke, I'll give $1. When we get to 365 days I'll write the cheque.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 01/01/2006 1:37 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'm in for $1 a day too.

Vic, you've got over $700 riding on you.

Posted : 01/01/2006 3:08 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Happy New Year to my fellow New Englander's! (present time...... the new year that is)

I'm glad I'm here............. and I'm glad to be here with you!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mike

Posted : 01/01/2006 4:13 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Happy new years to all by buds at GN :D :D :D Heres to Vic quiting smoking and me loosing another 40 pounds 8) 8) 8) . Hang in there vic :!: :!: :!: ---the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 01/01/2006 4:24 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Happy New Year Guitar Noise Addicts!! :D 2006 Yay! :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/01/2006 6:06 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y'ALL! It's a little after 0200 here in TX, and my ears are still ringing! If the year goes like the party did, then I do believe that Vic is quite correct....... 2006 could very well be a vintage year! :D I have to say, though, that this was my first New Year's Eve in over 30 years where I came home just as sober as when I left! A brand new experience!! :D I think I'll be glad of it in the morning!! First New Year's Day in over 30 years without a hangover!!! Cool!

And, Vic, if I can give up alcohol, you can give up cigarettes! I'm behind you 110%! :D I KNOW you can do it!! I just wish I could!!! LOL! Is Marilyn quitting, too?

Once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone at GN! I love you all dearly!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 01/01/2006 7:18 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Good luck Vic & Smokindog!, Happy new Year Everybody!,
I'm joining join you on that quest to lose another 40lbs. Smokindog. :wink:

#4491....

Posted : 01/01/2006 7:40 am
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member

Well I dont post as much as I should, but I really do think this site helped me stick with guitar(which I am greatfull for). I know that music has helped me through any hard times I've had in the past year and I hope it has done the same for everyone else. So I have to say I hope everyone has a fantastic 2006 and I hope music stays apart of everyones lives for 2006 and beyond.

Posted : 01/01/2006 8:22 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Just signed on in ... I'm a little late 7.40 pmJanuary 1 2006 in Australia still feeling rather ill from last night ... Lotto you have a lot to answer for I can't find my guitar ........ hope I left it at Lottos' place .... will ring when I'm able to drive again ....

How do you old blokes drink soo much .....................

I'm 42 and can not remember a real lot from last night ....( must have been good )

Happy New Year everyone

lets rock 2006 like never before

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 01/01/2006 8:44 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

"How do you old blokes drink soo much ..................... "

Years of practise mate....

OK, Paul, Nick, I'll rise to the bait/challenge - a pound a day it is....expect a cheque for £365 next Dec 31st....hah, now I've got a REAL target....

Elecktra, yes, Marilyn's quitting as well.....

Countdown is now 11hours 37 minutes without a ciggie....patch seems to be working.....

Vic

Posted : 01/01/2006 10:38 am
Page 1 / 2