Clear all

Hello everyone!!!

13 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@smiller4597)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

First of all I think I found the right site on the first search! I received a wonderful Christmas present... A Squire Pkg. w/the frontman amp. and all the goodies that go with it. I am a beginner (and have been for the last 20 years) and I am looking to be very involved with learning to play this thin! After reading many of the posts in this forum I have found the greatest advise I could ever give to anyone... FIND A PARTNER TO PLAY WITH! I have only begun to browse this forum and have not come across a place where people can find other people in their neck of the woods to play with. Is there a place on this forum for me to look? Or does this forum need a place for us all to get together in our own back yards? I need a playing partner and I am not afraid to drive a few miles. I love the music I can make and I would like someone to share or challenge me to do better. Just a thought.
Scott.

Posted : 30/12/2005 5:07 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Another great place to find others in your area is http://www.craigslist.org Just click on your city or the one nearest you and look under the musicians ads. You can also try http://www.musicmates.com Both sites are free.
By the way Welcome to GN, lots of friendly helpful folks here

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 30/12/2005 10:15 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

well.. a better present you got on new year was GN membership...

I have got the feeling sometime in future paul won't allow access without the royalities .... just kidding..:lol:

Have a great new year ,

Rahul

Posted : 30/12/2005 10:22 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the Squier package and welcome to GN....

After donkey's years of being a beginner myself, I also got the same package and I've had a LOT of fun with it...and my playing's come on in leaps and bounds since joining GN...

Hope you have as much fun here as I've had....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/12/2005 12:50 pm
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

First of all I think I found the right site on the first search!

I think you did too. I got a squire accoustic beginner's package 2 years ago Christmas. I've loved it. The only "problem"(?) with this site, is that dhodge's (and others) lessons are so well done, that I've used that as an excuse to avoid taking lessons in person.

Actually, if you're a working person with a family, this is the best place around to learn guitar, and it's a wonderfully supportive, encouraging community.

Welcome

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

Posted : 30/12/2005 1:00 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

#4491....

Posted : 30/12/2005 1:03 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! Have fun!! :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/12/2005 1:05 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN. Enjoy your stay :!:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 30/12/2005 1:30 pm
(@Anonymous)

A little late for me but Welcome to GN...I also have a Squier (not the package) actually I have 2 :oops: 8) ! (Squier Strat & Squier '51)...

Posted : 30/12/2005 2:36 pm
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN! Enjoy your stay.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Posted : 30/12/2005 2:41 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN :!:

From
Geoo the Exuberant

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 30/12/2005 2:56 pm
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

Welcome

have fun ...............

Another reason why there should be a forum for newbies to introduce themselves ......

2006 would be a really good time to kick it off.....

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

Posted : 31/12/2005 12:05 am