Clear all

Help Wanted

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

We're in the market to add additional teachers - again!

Midwest Music Academy is an award-winning private music school in Plainfield, IL (near Joliet). I'm looking for several new teachers, including one or two guitar teachers. We have guitar students ranging in age from 5 or 6 through adult; you'll need to be comfortable working with a wide age range.

The majority of our students are playing from standard notation - you'll need to be able to read fairly well. A fair number of our students perform with school jazz bands, so you'll need to know extended and altered chord voicings, and be able to teach improvisation strategies for chord progressions that modulate frequently.

I have a preference for musicians with a formal education, but if you've got good chops and professional experience, a degree isn't essential. Experience teaching is a definite plus, but also not an absolute requirement - I've been teaching guitar myself for over 30 years, and I can help you develop your teaching skills.

If you're the teacher we pick, you can look forward to working in a great environment with well equipped studios, and work along with outstanding teachers - our other teachers perform with the Chicago Symphony, have toured worldwide, etc. And on top of that, we pay well!

I'd like to have a new teacher on board next month, so I'll start interviewing next week. Contact me at the school: 815-254-5778.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 25/03/2011 12:19 am
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Just a quick update - we've chosen Matt McGuire, who will start with us next week. Matt earned both his bachelor and masters degrees in classical guitar performance at Northwestern, and has spent about 3 years touring the world as both a solo artist on classical guitar and as an ensemble performer in jazz and rock. He's also done a fair bit of musical theater work, including original cast recordings. With over 10 years of teaching experience, he'll fit right in.

I'll keep y'all posted when we need another addition - at the rate we're growing, it won't be long!

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 09/04/2011 10:09 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Get him on the GN boards! I think there are a couple other muscians here from NU.

Posted : 11/04/2011 4:00 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

sounds like you have a seriously talented set of instructors there noteboat - i bet you destroy the competition!

im glad you found the right guy :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 11/04/2011 7:36 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Wow, you seem to get all the good ones!!

Great!!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 12/04/2011 3:35 am