Notifications
Clear all

Rehearsal space needed - Colchester, Essex

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

Regular readers will know I rehearsed with the Essential Sounds Big Band the other week. You'll also know from my Concert Schedule that the first gig with them is on 16 April in Harwich.

There's meant to be a rehearsal this Thursday. Wait for it - one of the neighbours in the village where we've rehearsed in the village hall has complained about the noise. We're musicians! We're not taking drugs, or getting drunk on street corners, or knocking over old girls for their handbags. Some people really are only happy when they're moaning.

It means this week's rehearsal can only take place in Harwich, and I for one can't get there after my last student that day; I'd be turning up to play as they're packing up to go home. So, if you know of a village hall, or something similar, in Colchester or thereabouts, which would take 20 or so people setting up and blowing their horns, banging the drums, tickling the ivories (and me swinging my axe,) let me know.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 22/03/2011 10:23 pm