KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter

. . . and it just came in the mail.

. . . by David Hodge

Thank you, David

You're the best.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 09/09/2010 7:11 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Many congrats!

Great book. Great author. Great man.

Posted : 09/09/2010 7:23 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Very cool!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 09/09/2010 7:29 pm
(@alangreen)

Fiddle!

Ahem.

Congrats Ken, I'm sure it's great. I don't like to name-drop, but did I ever tell you I know the guy who wrote it?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 10/09/2010 8:59 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Ken, do you know what did I receive in the mail today?

As some of you know I also was one the fortunate winners.

Thank you, David. I already started to read it!

Posted : 10/09/2010 7:40 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Way to go, Nuno!

I already knew you were a winner.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 10/09/2010 8:11 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Guess what I got????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

J/K.....but I've been seeing this book everywhere I look!! Picked mine up from Willis Music as an impulse buy...I've got no real need to play Rock Guitar, but I wanted to support the man who does such a great job with this site!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 11/09/2010 8:09 am
(@davidhodge)

And your impulses are totally appreciated! Thanks!

To everyone who has gotten the book (and however that may have happened) - please feel free to write me with questions or mistakes you may find (no matter how large or small) or suggestions on how things could be better with it. All comments, reviews, ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Peace

Posted : 11/09/2010 11:12 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I won earlier this year. It was a very good read. I need to re-read Part 4. Parts of it anyhow. I hate this whole not retaining what you read thing.

I got the Senior discount at the movies without asking for it the other day. Senior discounts there are 55+ years old. I'm 10 years younger than that. <sigh!>

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 12/09/2010 10:44 pm