Clear all

Ibanez Dream Team is now Complete!!!

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, I was browsing around on craigslist looking for some PC games, and came across the Ibanez Hollowbody guitar that I've wanted for about a year and a half....for 50% off. It's used, but in perfect condition, looks about brand new!!

It's the Ibanez Artcore AF-75 Transparent Blue Sunburst....retails for $400, I get it for $200.

I'm picking it up tomorrow morning because he's local, and can't wait!!

So I've got the Ibanez Artcore AF-75 Electric, the Exotic Wood Quilted Mabple Acoustic/Electric, and the Exotic Wood Koa Classical

Love the sound of those Ibanez guitars!

Glad I sold a laptop LOL, otherwise I'd be finding another way LOL.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 26/03/2010 1:17 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Very nice. I wish I had never sold my Artcore. That was a really nice axe, but I didn't know better "back then." Enjoy!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 26/03/2010 1:23 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks man! I've loved that guitar since I first played around on it, and finally got the price right and had the cash on hand. Can't wait to mess around on it tomorrow!

Posted : 26/03/2010 2:22 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Jealous? Moi? :roll:

Hell yes I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 26/03/2010 8:45 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

in a previous band I was in the other guitar player had a blue Artcore. it played well and sounded good. how do they do it for that low price? one thing to keep an eye/ear on is the feedback issue. don't lean into the amp when fiddleling with the dials . the guitar screams painfully.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 26/03/2010 10:30 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Sorry Scrybe, I forgot you like Ibanez too.

I don't know how they do it for such a low price of $400. Fully bound, solid maple, no soundblock.

Leaving my house here an an hour and a half to meet the guy who's selling it to me.

Posted : 26/03/2010 11:29 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Congrats, Joe! Of course you know nobody will believe you unless you post some pics! :lol:

Jim

Posted : 26/03/2010 3:01 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

LOL, okay, you want pics, here are some pics!!! Video to follow shortly, like after I get off my butt and do one LOL.
Just click on the picture and it will take you to a 3 image slide show of my guitars and Ukulele

Posted : 26/03/2010 4:33 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Very nice, Joe! I love that shade of blue! Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Posted : 26/03/2010 5:33 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Very nice.

And, if I'm not loosing track, that's 2 guitars in a week!
Would you mind if your wife had a chat with mine? :lol:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 26/03/2010 6:18 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

LOL, I hear ya. The total I spend on guitars in the past week was $320 though. I sold a laptop to get the money for the SX Guitar, the Ibanez just kind of came separately I wasn't really looking, but it found me LOL. So with the left over from the Laptop sale, I was able pay a credit card down and get the Ibanez....good week!!

The nice thing about my marriage is I've got kind of a "budget" because I'm so terrible with money. I do things like...well....THIS!

So we have separate checking accounts, and I give her pretty much all of my check from my work except gas and a little bit extra, and whatever business I do outside of that is all up to me. Generally it's stuff for my son, but this week, I don't know...things just kind of happened LOL.

She makes a whole ton more than I do, so she takes care of paying the bill and stuff like that.

It's an arrangement that works for us.

Posted : 26/03/2010 6:44 pm