Skip to content
If you're intereste...

Notifications
Clear all

If you're interested in the upcoming book...

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Hi to all!

I've recently done an online interview at lovetoknow.com about the upcoming Complete Idiot's Guide to Guitar. If you'd like to know a little more about the book, you can find it here:

http://guitar.lovetoknow.com/Tips_for_Beginning_Guitar_Players_Interview

Also, Paul's got a link to the pre-order site up on the "What's New" page:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/news/

Just click on the picture of the book in the "book carousel" at the top of the page. And, yes, I know that this cover is truly dreadful. *sigh* Please understand it wasn't my choice and all my requests to get it changed did was get the electric guitar's color switched from the purple you see to a blue that matches the lettering on the rest of the cover (and publishers wonder why no one buys books anymore! :wink: ).

And, as always, feel free to send me any questions you might have. Post them here, PM me or send emails direct to [email protected].

More importantly, a huge thank you to everyone at Guitar Noise. None of this would have happened without your support.

Peace

Posted : 05/08/2010 2:19 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Great news! Many congrats David. A book is a lot of work but also it is rewarding when you see it.

Amazon says it will available on October 5th, only two months! I will try to buy from an European store perhaps I can reduce the delay (from UK I got the books in 4 or 6 days, from USA I got them in 4 or 5 weeks). By the way, you have an author space on Amazon! I didn't watch it before.

And great answers in that interview.

Thank you very much! :D

Posted : 05/08/2010 10:23 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Just click on the picture of the book in the "book carousel" at the top of the page. And, yes, I know that this cover is truly dreadful. *sigh*

Peace

Fortunately, the content inside would be excellent. So we won't judge this book by its cover. 8)

Posted : 05/08/2010 12:03 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

If it's anything like the last book, it should be very well written and good read. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 07/08/2010 12:44 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

One of the best features of the new book is that using the CD that comes with the book you get to play guitar for Nick while he sings! We worked out great arrangements of some old songs and I think that they really work both for enjoyable playing and for learning technique. Hopefully you'll all think so, too.

Peace

Posted : 07/08/2010 1:54 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

BTW, it seems it will be available in Europe on December 16th... perhaps I buy it from USA this time.

Posted : 07/08/2010 4:18 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

That's great, David! Can you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel? :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 07/08/2010 8:02 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Trying to! They keep putting up more tunnels, though!

For instance, I had made a mistake on one part of the music and immediately sent a corrected copy which must have gotten lost because the mistake kept turning up in every subsequent "final run-through draft" (I think we ended up with five of them!). Fortunately it did get corrected the last time out.

What worries me are all the mistakes that we probably missed even after reading and re-reading it for months! But I know that folks will email me about those so they'll hopefully all be taken care of at some point.

Peace

Posted : 07/08/2010 8:08 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

David, don't worry about the mistakes, it is absolutely normal. Really I think it is not possible to publish a first edition with zero mistakes: there are always a comma, two letters swapped... You can read one million times and you keep finding mistakes. To review is very difficult!

Posted : 08/08/2010 10:12 am