Skip to content
It's a Girl!!! (par...

Notifications
Clear all

It's a Girl!!! (part four) EDIT: She's here!!!

52 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

If I read this post correctly, that has got to be bittersweet to say the least.

Heartwarming if nothing else.

Congrats to the mom to be, EB. 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 13/07/2007 4:20 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Definitely bittersweet, Bish! My sister, Deborah, always wanted a granddaughter. She did get to know her only grandson, Christian (Lorelei's half brother), but it's a shame that she won't get to enjoy Lorelei (she was only 49 when she passed)! Christian started calling me "Grandma" after Deb and my mother (his great-grandmother) passed, I guess because he still needed to have a grandma on this side of the family (technically I am the official matriarch of the family now), and I'm pretty sure Lorelei will call me that, too! So, it's actually kind of cool for me, I got to skip the actual motherhood part and go straight into grandmahood! But, it does make me think about Deb quite a bit and I've shed more tears for her since finding out about Lorelei. It just makes me want to be the best imitation grandma that ever was!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 13/07/2007 4:46 pm
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Imitation grandma nothing ! It's easy to be a grandma when you're just handed the job and the title to go along with it . Volunteer grandmas are real grandmas because they want the job ! Eight years ago I married a widowed mother of four and grandmother of one at the time (now three) . When those little darlings (grandkids) come running up the sidewalk of my house and let me sweep them up for a hug and kiss (and a cookie or two) , they're getting a REAL grandpa , not an imitation ! You'll be a fine grandma !

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

Posted : 14/07/2007 4:02 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I agree. I don't see anything imitation about it. 8)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 14/07/2007 2:57 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, y'all! I've got tears in my eyes! Thanks! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 14/07/2007 3:50 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Cute EB

Lovely pic

congrats

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 14/07/2007 3:51 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I was going through some old pictures today and found these...

The first one is my sister, Deborah, with the father of Lorelei (I think he was around 3 at the time)...

And this one is of me, also with Lorelei's father, but he was only about 7 months in this one....

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 14/07/2007 8:32 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I'm sure Lorelei will be as beautiful as her aunt and grandmother! :D

Congrats EB!

Posted : 14/07/2007 8:45 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Technically, I'm only a step-grandad to all Marilyn's brood - but the grandkids don't look at it that way, and neither do I. Marilyn can be a little put out at times because the little ones listen to me more than her....funny thing is, though, the parents tend to give any instructions to me when they're dropping kids off. Got one here now - James, age 4 months. Little bugger doesn't sleep much, but guess who's got the magic touch with him? LOL, you never lose it. And he LOVES the sound of acoustic slide guitar - doesn't take much notice when I play chords and sing, but as soon as I play slide his attention's on me!

I had a real ego-boost the other day - our Samantha (age 9) was playing in the front garden with her friend. I was sat near the open window and heard a conversation that went like this.....

"Your grandad's funny...." I was waiting to see whether she meant funny ha-ha or funny as in weird...."what does he do?"

"He plays guitar."

"Is he in a group?"

"He doesn't need a group - he can play ANYTHING!" That gave me a nice fuzzy glow, I can tell you!

Grandkids are great - all you've got to do is love 'em, and you'll get unconditional love back.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 14/07/2007 11:18 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

And he LOVES the sound of acoustic slide guitar - doesn't take much notice when I play chords and sing, but as soon as I play slide his attention's on me!
Of course. That even works with chinchillas and turtles.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 14/07/2007 11:20 pm
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Congratulations & best wishes to mom & all.

Posted : 15/07/2007 1:32 am
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

That's wonderful Elektra, congratulations :D

Posted : 15/07/2007 12:11 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

The girl holding the baby looks nothing like your avatar EB ...

Sorry just could not refuse that little joke

You look very young in the bottom pic EB ...

Ohhh youth I remeber it well ....

Hair , eye sight , being able to sleep a whole night through

oh did I mention hair :lol:

Try and set up something like this EB ..

Its great for keeping memories here is my baby pics well I ' m about 3 upwards in here
http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o221/trevor_2007/?action=view&current=.my_first_widget.pbw

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 15/07/2007 1:01 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I was barely 17 in that picture! It was a LONG time ago! That baby is now 34!! :shock:

And, nice slideshow, Trevor! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 15/07/2007 4:37 pm
Page 2 / 4