Clear all

I've Got A New Fan

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I've mentioned our daughter's baby tortoise (now named Bowser, since it's been decided he's a boy), but haven't said a lot about the water turtle, apparently some sort of slider, that she left living with us. She thought Yoda was a grown turtle and wasn't feeding him much. He kept begging, and I kept feeding him. He's gone through a huge growth spurt, and has gone from being quite a wild creature to being somewhat accustomed to me, taking food out of my hand and letting me come up quietly to stand over his tank and talk to him while he's basking on his rock for a minute before he remembers he's supposed to slide off into the water, rather than wildly diving off and ricocheting off the side of the tank as he used to. (I tell my daughter I'm "the Turtle Whisperer.")
:lol:

Since our boy's been gone I'm in the process of moving myself into the basement and taking over his former work/play space, and Yoda's been moved down there as well. Yesterday I was down there playing slide on my Johnson Tricone, and Yoda would stand up, stick his head out of the water and listen intently. He's heard Mrs. R play lots of loud rock music, but he's never heard any slide reso guitar, and he was quite fascinated with it.
8)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 10/06/2007 12:53 pm
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member

Do you get nervous playing in front of a crowd now... LOL :lol:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

Posted : 10/06/2007 1:54 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

He's probably waiting for you to play "Happy Together" or "Eleanor"......always nice to have an appreciative audience!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/06/2007 4:19 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

When are you teaching Yoda to play slide guitar ?

He can slide 4 guitars simultaneously, right Doc ?

Posted : 10/06/2007 4:29 pm
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Great little story Ricochet :D

Posted : 10/06/2007 5:25 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

See there! Yoda's got taste! :D I always did like turtles!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 10/06/2007 5:37 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Yup I think everybody can appreciate the sound of a reso.

If you were near the ocean you might find whales stopping by to listen :)

Posted : 11/06/2007 3:21 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

That'd be interesting!

Posted : 11/06/2007 6:03 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I was out kayaking on Black Lake the other day and came across a couple rather large turtles, however they didn't wait around for me to play them a song. The dove off the rock they were sunning on and took cover. :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 12/06/2007 1:05 am
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

See, if you'd had the correct paddle, things would've been different ;)

Posted : 12/06/2007 3:14 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

I was out kayaking on Black Lake the other day and came across a couple rather large turtles, however they didn't wait around for me to play them a song. The dove off the rock they were sunning on and took cover. :lol:

I guess ya havta play slide on a resonator, they're probably country turtles.

Posted : 13/06/2007 12:05 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Slide on a resonator fascinates hummingbirds and chinchillas too, BTW. Sends my cats away. Sally the cat will pause to cast withering looks of disgust from a distance as she's leaving.

Posted : 13/06/2007 2:33 am