0 Likes
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Welcome Back,

It's always nice too see you around

John

PS Like Dan said
There's some new online jams going that you may want to get in on.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 24/05/2007 12:40 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member

hey jim,

how was mexico? the dog pm'ed me a couple of weeks ago, wondering if i've heard from you, i told him that i thought you were in mexico
glad your back, life treating you good?

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 24/05/2007 12:55 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Jim, glad your back and well :D I was starting to worry a bit, but I figured you would drop by sooner or later.
You could always come to South Carolina and join the Smokindog and the Bluezers band :lol: ...Or just join in some on line jams :wink: Welcome back .--------ken

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 24/05/2007 1:45 am
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

I thought I hadn't seen your avatar popping up as much lately! :lol:

Welcome back Jim.

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 24/05/2007 2:01 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Been gone a while.. From the looks of things no one noticed. Geoo

Not so! :D I've been wondering how you were going. I never did hear what happened about the songwriting boot camp, and I've wondering what's been going on for you generally. Did the camp get put off, or did you go? I kind of figured that maybe you'd taken a new direction for some reason. Good to have you back anyway Jim. Hope all's going well. :)

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 24/05/2007 12:02 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

hey jim,

how was mexico?

Mexico was really cool. Best experience I have had in my life. The area we were in is poorer than poor. You'd see kids eating off the ground. Drinking dirty water. It was heartbreaking but they never had a sad look to them. It made me appreciate life alot more cause I dont think my situation could ever be that bad. We saw 700 patients for eyecare and out of those ended up giving away 500 pairs of glasses. The rest either did not need them or was too bad off and they wouldnt have helped.

We also built a house for a neat little old lady. She was probably in her 80's and was raising her 5 grandkids. There was one adult male in the house and he works hard in the mines. They used to all live in basically a two room shack built with aluminum and cardboard. Now, what we built was nothing special to our standards but for them it is a great benefit.
I never did hear what happened about the songwriting boot camp

Yeah, I had to make the decision to either go to the bootcamp, which I really wanted to go to, or to Mexico. I chose Mexico. I really hope to make it to one of those camps someday. But heck, there are alot of places I'd like to make it too.
You could always come to South Carolina and join the Smokindog and the Bluezers bandMan, if I didnt have committments I would love to.

I got a bite yesterday, feels like fishing, with a band that is wanting to start something up. Not sure about it yet. The guy is really vague and at one point I even thought maybe he was just sizing me up to see if I would give out my address so he could come take my guitars off my hands. But the more I chatted with him, the more ligit he seemed. I would rather find a band that is already up and going, that just needs a singer or guitarist. Heck, I wouldn't even be too choosy would what songs they were doing if that was the case.

Anyways, I think that is enough of a novel for you guys for now. :) Sorry I get long winded sometimes.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 24/05/2007 12:22 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome back Mr. Eye poking Geoo.

Its wonderful to know of your acts in Mexico. Glad to find some person who thinks about and helps others as well.

Question - Did you try the Mexican Hat Dance ? Or did you, by any chance, meet Speedy Gonzalez ?

Posted : 24/05/2007 2:06 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Question - Did you try the Mexican Hat Dance ? Or did you, by any chance, meet Speedy Gonzalez ?

Rahul!! Havent seen your nick in a LONG time. Good to see you again. I did NOT do a Mexican hat dance but had I not worked 12 hours days I might have. :) Unfortunately, I did not meet Mr Gonzalez either. However, I did meet on guy named Fernando that has this awsomely infectious laugh. He was a hoot!!

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 24/05/2007 2:28 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Nice to hear you were doing some good work in Mexico Jim. The house for the old lady and her family is espically nice. I'm hoping to get invovled with a Habitat for Humanity style project sometime in the near future.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 24/05/2007 2:42 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I think Habitat is an awsome group. Everyone should get involved with some sort of volunteer work. It really humbles you.

Jim

Posted : 24/05/2007 3:24 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Welcome back Jim.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 24/05/2007 3:41 pm
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Welcome back! :D

Posted : 25/05/2007 1:45 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Geoo who? ................................................................. :lol: Good to see you!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/05/2007 12:58 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I would have noticed you were gone but I was gone too.

My church used to do regular missions trips to Mexico. I have never been, but everyone I know who has says it is a life changing experience that really makes you appreciate all that you have.

Good luck finding a new band. It's nice to see you around again. :)

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 31/05/2007 5:58 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hey man, great to have you back! :D I'm sure Mexico was an amazing trip. You can see poverty a billion times in tv but it's different when you see it 'for real'. It's a great thing you've managed to be able to help them to the best of your abilities, much respect for that!

Posted : 31/05/2007 6:17 pm
Page 2 / 2