Clear all

Meet the "New" Mod

30 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Hello to all!

We'd like to extend a hearty welcome to the latest addition to the Guitar Noise Forums Moderator Staff - Bish!

It's hard to believe he's been around the forums for close to (if not more than?) seven years now. But I think everyone will agree that he's always been a great contributing member of the GN community and someone who's always encouraging and supportive with his posts.

So please join me on wishing Bish good luck on this often invisible job (especially when we're doing it right!) of moderating the Guitar Noise Forums.

Oh, and pay no attention to those rumors about him (anonymously) donating his recent lotto winnings to the website in order to be considered for the post... :wink:

Peace

Posted : 01/09/2012 5:49 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Congrats bish!!! Thanks for giving you time to help keep this site as great as it is!

Paul B

Posted : 01/09/2012 6:36 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Keys to the executive washroom.....yep, there's room for another guitar AND a drum kit in there! Welcome aboard, Bish!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/09/2012 11:28 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks, guys.

It's been a pleasure to have been a member since '05.

Time flies...wow! :shock:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 02/09/2012 6:26 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats, Bish!!!

On a side note, I didn't even know we still had mods. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(J/K)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 03/09/2012 3:42 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

That usually means that either we're doing a good job or that everyone else is making our job unnecessary. In this case it's undoubtedly a bit of both.

Peace

Posted : 03/09/2012 4:02 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Behaving is becoming quite boring. Perhaps I'll make Bish earn that high salary he just signed for and start some fights. :twisted: :twisted:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 03/09/2012 4:13 pm
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

Behaving is becoming quite boring. Perhaps I'll make Bish earn that high salary he just signed for and start some fights. :twisted: :twisted:

How about "Pick vs. Fingers"? :mrgreen:

Moderating can be a thankless job, so... thanks, Bish!

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

Posted : 03/09/2012 5:17 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

How about "Pick vs. Fingers"? :mrgreen:

Moderating can be a thankless job, so... thanks, Bish!
Thanks! With the current MOD line-up, I'm in very esteemed and professional company. I hope to live up to the standards already set.

Roy ....you have been banned to only Keetar and Drum forums. CYA!!! :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 03/09/2012 6:13 pm
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

Roy ....you have been banned to only Keetar and Drum forums. CYA!!! :twisted:

Oh, dear. A little power can go straight to one's head, can't it? :lol:

I love these boards because of the relative absense of that kind of drama, public bannings & all that. Y'all have kept it nice. Thanks all.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

Posted : 03/09/2012 6:34 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I love these boards because of the relative absense of that kind of drama, public bannings & all that.
I've got someone I'd like to nominate........but I guess I'll just leave that to myself. :lol: :lol:
Roy ....you have been banned to only Keetar and Drum forums. CYA!!!
I've been bannished to far worse places, and sent there by far better people. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

(J/K -- again)

Roy

Posted : 03/09/2012 6:51 pm
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

Just as an aside... the "dramas" around here seem to turn on the TINIEST points. Pick/fingers? .007s/.012s? Less filling/tastes great? (Old guy joke, sorry.) Do we all share some kind of musical obsessive-compulsive disorder that makes these things critical? (Or is it just me?)

Posted : 03/09/2012 7:02 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Less filling/tastes great?
I happen to drink that beer ........... :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 03/09/2012 7:34 pm
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

I happen to drink that beer ........... :mrgreen:

Oh, no! No offense intended TR! That's a fine, upstanding American lager that's been around for a long, long time, so you're not NECESSARILY an "old guy"... not that there's anything wrong with being an "old guy"... :lol:

I love these boards because we don't have to dance around like that, not much, anyway.

Posted : 03/09/2012 7:40 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I wanna see a big row on a welcome the new mod thread. :D

Roy

Posted : 03/09/2012 7:48 pm
Page 1 / 2