My Kid At Work

64 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
11.7 K Views
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, I hear he had a blast at the shoot, and loved the German folks from FHM. Must've been mutual, because it seems they told him they were putting him on the cover! If that ends up happening, I'm definitely going to have to work out a deal with somebody over there to get myself a copy.
:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 02/07/2007 10:50 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Actually, there's a local New York City magazine that's been out for 2-3 weeks that he's in, but I can't think of what it is and haven't seen it. I'm going to have to track that down.

But today Numéro 85 came out, and the cover piece with the girls in the "motorcycle gang" outfits is what he's in. He was going around to castings in Paris today, and in every office the magazine was on the desk. I expect that'll get him some more gigs while he's over there.

http://www.numero-magazine.com/index-en.html

They get a few copies at Barnes & Noble in nearby Johnson City, TN, but it'll probably be a couple of weeks before they have #85. I can't wait to see it!

Hey, I just found what he's in in New York. Time Out New York, the June 28-July 4 issue, The Fashion Page:
http://www.timeout.com/newyork/article/8729/thefashionpage
He's the kid on the right. Now to run down a copy of that...

Posted : 06/07/2007 9:51 pm
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Keep all those Ric- your son can put them in his portfolio. Buy them online if you need to.
My sister in law did some modelling - so beautiful, took my breath away when I first met her, like a Nordic princess - she is half Geman and six foot one, like my brother (luckily he's not a shorty like me, must have got my mother's Scottish genes, whereas I got my father's Welsh ones, his parents were like under 5 foot), anyway she kept a folio of all her work, and it's good for her to look back on now, as she's just turned 40.

(PS I changed my Avatar as my skull got too big to fit into my winter beanie after all the praise for my drawing :) )

Posted : 09/07/2007 8:34 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, I think that avatar's mighty cool, too!

Yeah, everything needs to be saved. I think at the agency they have electronic copies of everything he's had shot, but the print copies are another matter.

Posted : 09/07/2007 1:00 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Aww, to be young and handsome again...well, I never was/will be handsome, so I guess I'd settle for young. Anyway, please pass our congrats to him, Ricochet. And keep some for you and Mrs. Ricochet. It looks like he has a cool head on his shoulders, and he had to have learned that from someone.

Jim-Bone

Posted : 09/07/2007 1:49 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hey Ric, if you want let me know when it comes out and I'll try to get my hands on a copy for you.

Posted : 09/07/2007 2:43 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Arjen! I'll be on the lookout for it. Don't know how long their production cycle is.

I was really surprised when Numero came out so quickly. It's been maybe a month or month and a half since I remember him calling about doing that shoot. He really liked the Moto Guzzi they had him posing (with a very pretty young lady) on.

Posted : 09/07/2007 4:00 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Heard today that he's found a little family-run cafe with a sweet little grandmotherly lady who fusses over him, hugs him and piles food in front of him to fatten him up. He's sure gonna miss that when he has to leave Paris Thursday. I think he just about starved the first few days there, before he started catching on to how things worked. He's not in a touristy area. Nice to know somebody over there's looking out for him.

Thanks, Jim-Bone! Didn't see your post earlier.

Posted : 10/07/2007 2:33 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Thanks, Jim-Bone! Didn't see your post earlier.

Not a problem, Ricochet!

Jim-Bone

Posted : 10/07/2007 12:42 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Today he had a 6 hour shoot for a Japanese magazine. (These things are getting hard to run down!)

They want him to stay over for another big shoot in 2 weeks, but he's got to come home for a while. I think they're going to fly him back for that one. Means he'll get to see the nice cafe lady again. :D

My wife says the FHM shoot ought to be out in the next upcoming issue. Seems awfully fast, but that's how they did it for Numero. I'll have to get confirmation from his New York agent.

Posted : 10/07/2007 5:52 pm
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

That's great news Ric. :)
(i've been up till 2 am and more this last week completing assignments for the course I'm doing, so haven't caught up here til now. Thanks re the Avatar pic,0 I'll probably change it again over time, :)

Posted : 15/07/2007 12:07 pm
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

Have you updated your avatar Rick O'Shea (my little joke)?

Which agency have you signed with?

Regards,
Paul

Posted : 15/07/2007 12:18 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yeah, that's the latest pic for me. Got new glasses.

The agencies don't seem to appreciate their crucial shortage of more mature, full figured men without excess hair. :wink:

My boy's home banging on his guitar in the basement now. He's expecting to fly off to Riga, Latvia for a location shoot shortly. That'll be an interesting trip. Don't know too many folks who've been to Latvia. (I did have a Lithuanian young man on my doorstep yesterday, one of the summer crop of magazine/book/encyclopedia sellers looking for families with young kids.)

He brought the French metropolitan edition of Numéro 85 with him. Interesting to see him in that layout in a glossy mag!

Posted : 15/07/2007 7:30 pm
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I edited my above post, sorry if it offended :oops:

Posted : 17/07/2007 2:45 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Huh? I don't recall anything that could've been offensive. Sure didn't offend me, anyway. :D

Posted : 17/07/2007 3:53 am
Page 4 / 5