Clear all

My Kid At Work

64 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
11.7 K Views
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Oh he looks pissed huh? :lol: I think that's the image they wanted. My kid will be smiling ......... he will be slicing your ham at the deli. I wish he could be looking pissed. :? Taking a break from college. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the look to be a model. Offensive lineman maybe. :twisted:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 29/06/2007 3:44 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Fierce, or Feeuss as Tyra might say on America's Next Top Model. A fierce or stern or in this case, cooly unconcerned.

My question is, how did he handle the cutting off of those 'rock locks' he had in that other picture?

Posted : 29/06/2007 5:02 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Congrats, Ricochet.

I am sure your kid will make it big one day. Too sad he won't get time to play his guitars anymore...

Posted : 29/06/2007 5:40 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dunno how long the modeling gig'll last. I used to look a lot like that at his age, too. He'll get plenty of time to play his guitars one of these days. :lol:

He doesn't sweat the hair cuts and styles. Hair grows back. He's gone through the "hair color of the month" thing with his sister before he got into this stuff, anyway. Should've seen the bright red he had at Christmas.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 29/06/2007 10:40 pm
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

The real news here is that DemoEtc watches America's Top Model. Who would've guessed?

Posted : 30/06/2007 12:57 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The real news here is that DemoEtc watches America's Top Model. Who would've guessed?

He might have the TV tuned to that programme, but my guess is, he's listening to the background music and thinking about how it could have been better.....right, Rick?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/06/2007 1:01 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Apparently what the kid's shooting today in Paris is a 14-page fashion layout for FHM Collection, a German men's magazine that sounds to me something along the lines of Maxim. Y'all over in Germany keep an eye out for it; we don't get that one here in the States. Takes several months for stuff to show up in print after it's shot.

Posted : 02/07/2007 3:07 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

He doesn't sweat the hair cuts and styles. Hair grows back.

Sometimes ........ :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 02/07/2007 3:18 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yeah, mine went see-through after a while. :D

Posted : 02/07/2007 3:32 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

He might have the TV tuned to that programme, but my guess is, he's listening to the background music and thinking about how it could have been better.....right, Rick?

Vic

That's right it's...the music! :)

On the other hand, my wife and I both watch it because we've both been onstage a lot - she more than me, being the front-person - and we have an empathy or affinity or whatever you call it, with performers, and that's what these girls are; performers. And they're being coached by some of the absolute best people in the business.

The main thing we appreciate more than anything else is how it's drilled into the models just about every episode that they have to 'express;' that they have to really want it and have the fire for it and then let it explode out into the audience when the moment comes to walk onstage.

To us, a model doing a fierce strut down the ramp or us being onstage playing rock 'n roll (or some of the other types of music we've done) is one in the same - commitment, attitude, fire - and it's fun to watch people trying to do it and others trying to teach it. It's also really cool to see when someone, one of the girls, finally 'gets it.'

And...the music's not that bad really ;)

On a side note, I never watch American Idol or whatever it's called now, but we happened to see one episode where the singers were supposed to do a Queen song. They also got to meet the band beforehand, and there was this one kid, in a black leather jacket standing next to Brian May, and my wife and I sorta looked at each other and had pretty much the same thought; "Poor kid has NO IDEA what it took for Brian May to be standing there on that stage. No idea whatsover what Brian and the others went through. And here's this kid assuming he's got it down and will really tear the roof off the place and Brian's just standing there doing that little grin of his.

Now THAT was entertaining!

Posted : 02/07/2007 6:13 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Have you noticed how few of the American Idol contestants have stuck around on the pop music scene after their season was over? There have been a few big successes. Most have been pretty quickly forgotten.

Posted : 02/07/2007 7:02 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Have you noticed how few of the American Idol contestants have stuck around on the pop music scene after their season was over? There have been a few big successes. Most have been pretty quickly forgotten.

I'm not surprised.

Posted : 02/07/2007 7:11 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Happens over here, too. Pop Idol, X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, (Not from what I saw!) whatever the show, they have their 15 minutes and they swiftly slide back into oblivion. There are talented people out there - but I suspect the really talented ones do not need the seal of approval from the likes of Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne (Talent spotter? And she thinks Kelly can sing?) and wouldn't be seen dead on such a show.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/07/2007 7:32 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Happens over here, too. Pop Idol, X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, (Not from what I saw!) whatever the show, they have their 15 minutes and they swiftly slide back into oblivion. There are talented people out there - but I suspect the really talented ones do not need the seal of approval from the likes of Simon Cowell and Sharon Osbourne (Talent spotter? And she thinks Kelly can sing?) and wouldn't be seen dead on such a show.

Vic

Same is the case here with 'Indian Idol', Sa Re Ga Ma Music Challenge and what not. Seems like every major TV channel is coming up with their talent hunt shows.

I am really against them. They are like supposed to milk talent out of some musically challenged kids and afterwards call them an idol (Should be idiot to fit it better). What these shows are good at - taking your money and putting it in the purse of cellular operators as you vote by SMS.

Little off topic...Just wanted to share.

Hope your kid does you proud, Ric.

Posted : 02/07/2007 8:12 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Rahul!

Posted : 02/07/2007 8:26 pm
Page 3 / 5