Skip to content
Near Disaster at TR...

Notifications
Clear all

Near Disaster at TR's (Real disaster for Thunderfingers)

43 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

First obstacle beaten! Found a free program called Media converter. It works well. Now I can shrink the thing ...... except it's on the computer at home. :oops:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 30/07/2008 5:23 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Are you recording in the MICU?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 30/07/2008 1:48 pm
(@frankyl)
Eminent Member

We asked them about the tree removal. They said they wont pay to have it cut down so wait to see if it falls on the house and that would be covered.
A couple of thoughts on that: Check with some tree removal services and find out whether they would have anywhere to sell cedar if they took it down for you. Some of those guys will work for a discount if they can recoup some money on selling the lumber. I know one guy has offered to pay my parents if they would just let him take down and sell a big old oak they have in their yard.

Also, rather than a tree removal service, if you happen to see any of the tree trimming crews working around power lines nearby, talk to one of the guys doing the cutting. There are some pretty skilled arborists in those crews, and they'll often handle side jobs for a pretty decent rate.

If you want to keep the tree, those same types of guys can help you determine whether it needs anything to help it along.

Posted : 30/07/2008 2:47 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

a cord of properly aged hard firewood goes for $200-$300 here.
most all companies that cut down trees sell the wood and pretty much double their profit under the guise of doing you a favor and "hauling it away"
i have 2 fireplaces and bought a small "16 chainsaw and a small chipper shredder for seasonal use. the money saved by doing it myself has paid for the equipment several times.

#4491....

Posted : 30/07/2008 3:47 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Would that be $200 for a minor cord and $300 for a Major cord?? :wink:

Posted : 30/07/2008 9:13 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Would that be $200 for a minor cord and $300 for a Major cord?? :wink:

.....and $100 for a diminished cord and $400 for an augmented cord?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/07/2008 9:15 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Vic

:mrgreen:

Yes, some sort of sliding scale of cost would probably apply.... Of course, if you were sharp about it you might negotiate a flat rate. One wood imagine... :wink:

Chris

Posted : 30/07/2008 11:13 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Mother nature is a bitch at times :shock: Glad you guys are OK :D Your probably lucky that lots more damage was not done :wink:
Nice amp you guys have picked out. You want to adopt me ? I need a drum machine :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 31/07/2008 12:10 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Vic

:mrgreen:

Yes, some sort of sliding scale of cost would probably apply.... Of course, if you were sharp about it you might negotiate a flat rate. One wood imagine... :wink:
Chris
That's strange. In my neck of the woods, you can get a cord for a song and a dance. But its important to note that if you have have the right tone, many people will bend in sympathy when talking about price. It helps keep the harmony around here. :wink: (sorry, could't resist)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 31/07/2008 1:00 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

verrry punny guys :lol:
guess i better get back to woodshedding :roll:

#4491....

Posted : 31/07/2008 3:27 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I had a weed eater's pull-chord come apart this week. I'm trying to find the part number on-line and three times googled ......"pull chord" instead of ..."pull cord". :oops: :oops:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 31/07/2008 4:10 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

You guys crack me up! :lol: As far as the tree goes .... the split part at the top fell with the recent storm .... whats standing seems to be just fine the way it is, it isn't going anywhere and it still seems very alive. I will remove the top 10 - 15' section that fell myself with my handy "Craftsman" chain saw. (I live in northern New York, they issue them to us up here when we turn 12 :lol: ) Seriously, there is a guy from up here that is on that professional lumberjack circuit that you see on ESPN2. As far as the wood goes, it is cedar so no good for fire wood except in my fire pit out back. It makes a good starter to get things going before you throw on the hard wood. The cheap source of removal here though would be the Amish. If it was hard wood they already would have been at my door asking if they could have it. The insurance company actually allowed me $250 for the cleanup of the tree, so definitely gonna do it myself.

No Ric, not recording in the MICU, just downloading programs off C-Net up there on company time, but I found a good one. 8)

Ken, come on up anytime you want. Our drum machine is my old PC plugged into an old stereo as well as the PA. We have midi backing tracks we use. It does the job.

Posted : 01/08/2008 1:25 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

The video is up ... I put it in Hear here ...... https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=40795

Posted : 01/08/2008 8:49 pm
Page 3 / 3