New and Improved Forum

33 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
13 K Views
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin
Topic starter

Last weekend we made a much needed upgrade to our site server and decided to go all the way and install a new message board at the same time.

This new board will help speed up the forums and the website in general. Some information may have been lost or damaged in the transfer. If you experience any problems with your account please contact a moderator or an administrator.

The improvements made in the past week will help the site in the long run. And with summer holidays quickly approaching it will be nice to go away knowing that things are running smoothly.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 27/04/2004 8:18 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

The new forum looks pretty cool. Will take some getting used to though. Glad to hear that all the problems should be fixed now. The less problems for everyone, the better. Gonna go explore some more now. :wink:
Oh yeah, thanks Paul, Nick, and David, and anyone else who worked so hard on updating the forums, you guys rock! Thanks for making GuitarNoise the best site on the web! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/04/2004 12:31 pm
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

Very cool. I know it's always a pain when you switch these things over. I'm surprised it went as quickly and smoothly as it did (one forum I used to visit was down almost two months when they switched servers - ouch!).

One suggestion/question - there doesn't appear to be a direct link back to the GuitarNoise website. Clicking the logo takes you back to the forum index. Perhaps it could link back to the home page. Or am I missing something?

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

Posted : 27/04/2004 1:15 pm
(@stock28)
Estimable Member

Nice new look! One thing though, don't ever take the forums down like that again 8) .

Posted : 27/04/2004 2:05 pm
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin
Topic starter

there doesn't appear to be a direct link back to the GuitarNoise website. Clicking the logo takes you back to the forum index. Perhaps it could link back to the home page.

I hadn't noticed that. It is fixed now. 8)

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 27/04/2004 3:03 pm
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

I LOVE THE NEW LOOK! very noce to have an updated forum. The old one was very slow for my computer but hopefully this one will be better! just wish it was back up on Sunday evening like you said. But o well, better that it is up now than never... Congrats!

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

Posted : 27/04/2004 3:26 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hey, good to see it all went smoothly! Just a small question, it seems that avatars are disabled, or atleast they seem to be so in my profile. Is that intentional?

Anyway, thanks to the entire GN crew for all the work. You guys rock 8)

Posted : 27/04/2004 4:26 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

As tough as it was to visit GN each day to see Beavis 'n Butthead telling me to come back later, it's definitely better to keep it down as long as it takes to make it better. Kinda like renovating your bathroom floor. If you're going to take the time to rip that out you may want to replace a cabinet or other things all at the same time and get it over with.

Paul, you rock! Thanks for the improvements. :D

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 27/04/2004 4:30 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Im sorry but i hate it..

Powertab's forums have this same layout and i hated that one,

i really really liked the old one, this one is too confusing and, i dont know..

if only there was a style setting so it was one forum but you could choose which on you had.

Posted : 27/04/2004 4:44 pm
(@stock28)
Estimable Member

Is there a way to get my picture back under my name, and if so can someone tell me how to do it.

Posted : 27/04/2004 5:23 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Um... is there anyway I could get my username back? and maybe all the posts I ever put up? It seems I can't login and everything I've posted has been removed. Maybe I'm mistaken... but.. uh.. certainly seems that way.

-Marv

Posted : 27/04/2004 5:35 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Looks great!

Posted : 27/04/2004 6:21 pm
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

It would certainly seem that I've been lost in transit too, MarvelousOptimist - I've contacted David, so I hope that helps.

Posted : 27/04/2004 6:37 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Tucker and Marvelous,

I'm looking into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We still have a lot of minor issues to fix.

Posted : 27/04/2004 7:11 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I'm having the same problem as Tucker and Marv, Nick - can't log in and all my posts have gone!!!!

Posted : 27/04/2004 8:44 pm
Page 1 / 3