50 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

bish,

dude, what happened to hap hazzard? :shock: , i need details :?

I kept telling them I was going to Nashville, to rock with rocker, and you never called. They finally booted me. :D (J/K)

I'll PM you the gory details if you must know. 8)

Thanks, Steve!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 08/01/2007 2:43 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Don't know how I missed this thread all weekend. *Mental note: check the news forum periodically*
Congrats, Bish! That sounds really exciting. I hope you get the other spots filled soon and you can put something on here for us to hear.
Did I hear you say you all play country? Yay. :)

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 08/01/2007 3:53 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Don't know how I missed this thread all weekend. *Mental note: check the news forum periodically*
Congrats, Bish! That sounds really exciting. I hope you get the other spots filled soon and you can put something on here for us to hear.
Did I hear you say you all play country? Yay. :)

Yes, this band plays a lot of country. Winona, Patsy, J. Messina, Martina, Shania (woohooo) and many others. We also do some Doobie Brothers, and stuff like Browneyed Girl ( and more classics ). Quite a variety. I'll surely post some gigs vids after we get our act going.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. :D

Bish

Posted : 08/01/2007 4:20 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

bish,

uhoh, this is not sounding good bro, is it that bad?

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 08/01/2007 5:58 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

No Rocker, it should actually be a good thing. I'll be joining a band with good musicianship and a professional attitude and atmosphere. And expanding my song vocab big time. It's all good. I'm truly looking forward to it.

I haven't had a challenge like this since...... :shock: .....never. :D

Bish

Posted : 08/01/2007 6:01 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

well bro, if your ok, i'm ok, good luck with the new band, they are getting a great drummer, i'll be going back home to chi-town
in the spring for a week, i go back every year to hang out with my old buds, hope to catch one of your guys gigs and hang out with you
that would be cool 8)

Posted : 08/01/2007 6:20 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Nice one Bish. Sounds like you're off to a good start. Hope it all comes together for you. Keep us posted.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 08/01/2007 7:36 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Nice one Bish. Sounds like you're off to a good start. Hope it all comes together for you. Keep us posted.

8)

Will do, thanks for the kind words.

Rocker, if you ever get near Chicago, I hope you'll let me know. I can be there in 3 hours.

Bish

Posted : 08/01/2007 8:25 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i sure will bro, thats my home town, born and raised, it will probably be in the end of may, beging of june 8)

Posted : 09/01/2007 2:18 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

i sure will bro, thats my home town, born and raised, it will probably be in the end of may, beging of june 8)

LOL, I was born in Chicago, too. But they ran me out as soon as I could walk. :? :D

From there I terrorized the south in Oklahoma before landing here in the QC's.

On an update, I had a Sunday rehearsal with the new band and a potential new bassist. (Not new to me, as we'd played in an original band back in the late 70's.) Another reason not to burn any bridges with local musicians. You never know how many years before you get back together again.

With all that said, they lowered the boom on me and said I need to be ready by Feb 17th, as they can no longer tolerate the interrum drummer. Good news for me, bad for him. He's been working with them for almost 3 months and is still having problems. :shock: Wes, you know about these guys. :wink: :wink:

So come Feb 17th I'll be videoing the gig and letting everyone see what's new. :D :D

I have 3 weeks before D-Day. :shock: 8)

Bish

Posted : 29/01/2007 5:17 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

He's been working with them for almost 3 months and is still having problems. :shock: Wes, you know about these guys. :wink: :wink:

Impossible to find a good drummer that will just keep rhythm. :roll: :shock: :lol:

I never knew you had been in Oklahoma. Good luck on D-Day. You'll blow them away for sure.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 29/01/2007 5:22 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

He's been working with them for almost 3 months and is still having problems. :shock: Wes, you know about these guys. :wink: :wink:

Impossible to find a good drummer that will just keep rhythm. :roll: :shock: :lol:

I never knew you had been in Oklahoma. Good luck on D-Day. You'll blow them away for sure.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. That's my goal. And yes I lived in Ponca City, OK. for a year. 1962 I believe. And for the rest of you, yes we had electricity back then. :x :shock: :D

Bish

Posted : 29/01/2007 5:34 pm
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Same band Bish or an even newer one? Just a little confused since I thought you were already drumming for them :D

Posted : 29/01/2007 5:56 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

And yes I lived in Ponca City, OK. for a year. 1962 I believe. And for the rest of you, yes we had electricity back then. :x :shock: :D
I remember 1962 quite well. We did have electricity, but nobody had air conditioning. At least, not in south Alabama.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 29/01/2007 8:00 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey we had electricity in the UK back in '62 as well! We also had running water...according to those in the know (ie a bit older than me...) a lot of it was running down the walls of the Cavern Club. It's a wonder anyone ever made it out alive!!!

Oh and Bish - best of luck for the gig mate!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/01/2007 8:27 pm
Page 2 / 4