Clear all

Phew - Planet Rock is safe!

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Planet Rock is about the only radio station I listen to these days, and the last couple of months or so its future has been in jeopardy. Fortunately, they've managed to find a buyer - or rather, a consortium including Tony Iommi, Ian Anderson, Fish and Gary Moore, all of whom regularly present programmes.

So I'm relieved - I've tried a few other "Classic Rock" stations, but they just don't seem to have the same depth as Planet Rock.

Rock ain't dead - it's alive and kicking!

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/06/2008 4:12 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Long Live Rock & Roll

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 06/06/2008 6:22 pm
(@alangreen)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's excellent news

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 06/06/2008 8:11 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Thats good news for you Vic

Let there be rock !!

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 06/06/2008 10:33 pm
(@alangreen)

And you can listen online too, so those of you outside radio range can still load up on some good stuff.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 07/06/2008 6:56 am
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Try it, its really good.

Posted : 07/06/2008 6:55 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Have to admit, my favourite show is the one presented by Rick Wakeman - if he hadn't been born a genius keyboard player, there would still have been a good living for him as a stand-up comedian.....

There's a story he tells of being stood in line next to Pete Townshend, waiting to meet the Queen at some Royal premiere or other - her Maj says to Wakeman, "And are you in a band?" to which he replies, "Yes, Ma'am."

Q - "And what are they called?"

RW - "Yes, Ma'am."

Q (Thinking, ye gods, another simpleton who can't answer a simple question...."Who?"

RW (looking at Pete T next to him) "No ma'am, he's in "The Who".....I'm with Yes.

Q (Rolling her eyes, and moving on to Pete T) "And Who are you with?"

PT - Yes, Ma'am (PT's a bit deaf, and thought she'd asked if he was with the Who.....)

Q (To PT, glancing at RW) ah, so you're in the same band....

This went on for about 5 minutes or so - it's the way Wakeman tells 'em, honestly, I was in stitches, nearly wet meself laughing.....

Ah well, all I can say is, long live Planet Rock!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 07/06/2008 10:21 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Nice story, Vic.

Glad to hear that your favourite radio stations is safe.

Posted : 08/06/2008 4:30 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Vic, great story. That is a classic story for sure. As I read, I could envision all three standing there. This of course brings to mind the famous "Who's on First " routine done by Abbott and Costello.
Who's on First?

That is ALWYS good for a laugh.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 09/06/2008 7:39 pm