Notifications
Clear all

Played my first Wedding today

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

I'm a Wedding Junkie on a good day, but I got such a buzz out of this. I played well, too.

Set list:

Se Ela Perguntar - Dilermando Reis
Claire de Lune - Claude Debussey
Everything I Do - Bryan Adams (from Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves)
Classical Gas - Mason William
My Heart Will Go On - Jennings & Horner (the love theme from Titanic)
Cavatina - Stanley Myers (yep, that one)
Andante from the concerto for two mandolins (RV532) - Antonio Vivaldi

The Bride came down the aisle to: Lord Willoughby's Welcome Home - John Dowland

And I played an "Ejercicio" by Jose Ferrer (he wrote loads with this title, apparently) as everybody left.

I'm glad it's out of the way, but I'm still seriously buzzed up about it. Good luck to Sophie and Grant who got married today, and I really appreciate the booking.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 25/09/2010 6:50 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Good for you, Alan! I may have to report you to the music police for playing that Titanic, um, thing....nah, never mind. I'd rather hear you play it than Sea-lion Dyin' "singing" it....

Congrats, good to hear it went well!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/09/2010 8:07 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats Alan! :D

Posted : 26/09/2010 10:32 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats alan! 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 27/09/2010 12:16 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Not Pachelbel's Canon in D ?
Or is that passe' now?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 27/09/2010 12:46 pm