Clear all

Possible Texas Postponement

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I wanted to give everyone as much advance notice as possible so that maybe more/different plans could be made..........

My aunt (who raised my mother) called last night to tell me that her son (who was practically like my mother's brother) is dying of throat cancer and they've given him roughly about a month to live. It is absolutely inevitable and when the time comes I HAVE to go to Arizona. So, I may not be here in Feb. to make sure that things are taken care of for the party/seminar. I've talked to a few people about a possible postponement, but that's not going to work for Pet since Feb. is the only time she can get out of the country. Can we try to work out an alternate plan for just in case? I mean, there's every chance in the world that I may be here and things will go off without a hitch, but, then, there's every chance that I may be gone and there won't be anyone here to take care of things. So, I thought that maybe Marv could see about setting up something smaller (and keeping it on the back burner until we know for sure)? I've been pretty much freaking out since I got word yesterday and have been driving Pet crazy on MSN trying to figure out what to do short of cancelling the whole thing. (Which I REALLY don't want to do). HELP ME PEOPLE!!!!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 07/01/2005 10:41 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Firstly babes you do NOT drive me crazy!!!!!

Do what is right for you and your family, nobody will have issue with that (If they do I'll slap them). If there is still enough interest in a get together maybe we can sort something out, if not we can rearrange it for next year and drag even more victims........er I mean GN Memebers and friends along. Either way do not worry, focus on your family.

Posted : 07/01/2005 10:54 pm
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

I am very sorry, EB, to hear about your relative. I know we all understand that your priority is with your family at this time.

So, we have to plan for the event that EB won't be around to see to things. This leaves only two options any way you look at it:

1- We put together a backup plan to go to if EB's not here, or
2- We cancel this time around.

Postponement until later in the year does not seem to be an option because of our friends across the pond, so that leaves only the above.

The backup plan can take one of two forms-

1. Go with the original venue, etc., and have someone, who'd have to be local to the area, fill in for EB if she's gone, or
2. Come up with an alternate, perhaps scaled-down alternative, whic, again, someone would have to volunteer to cordinate. This could be somewhere else in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area or as far fom there as people would be willing to go. If scaled-down, it possibly could be at someone's house if we can find a willing host who can accomodate the number of people expected to attend. I'd imaging the scaled down version we wouldn't have people coming with thier bands and stuff, it might be more along the line of what EB was talking early on when she was offering her place up as an option.

So, I think the first step is to see if there are any volunteers to pull this together in the event that EB can't. I mean, I'd be game for a slimmed-down version, better than nothing at all, eh?

I happen to be seven hours away from the original location; hopefully there's someone closer who can step up to the plate.

Anyhow, that's the way I see it. Hope this input helps.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 07/01/2005 11:43 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Pet's absolutely spot-on, family comes first....so sorry to hear your news.

I am having major problems computer-wise at this end - I absolutely can not get into MSN, I cannot read any e-mail, I can't even download a new version of MSN....and (how's this for Catch-22!!!) I can't download the internet security updates which will allow me to access MSN because I can't get into my mailbox to access the codes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAARGH!!!!!!

So if anyone wants to get in touch with me, it'll have to be via PM (unless I can somehow get back on MSN) or e-mail....as soon as I've finished here, I'll update my profile with my other e-mail address....

Yours hair-tearingly,

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/01/2005 2:24 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

My cousin passed away last night. I'm leaving for Arizona tonight. Even though this is a sad time for me and my family............... THE PARTY IS BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More info in a few days................. Keep planning on Feb. 19th, though!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 14/01/2005 3:08 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

*BIG HUG* I'm so sorry babes. My thoughts are still with you.

It was great chatting with you Tonight and last night *Damn Canadians!!* This is going to be a laugh a minute - Laughing Lady!!

Sooooooooo I hear there is going to be a PARTY.......................

Posted : 24/01/2005 10:06 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

If you think my laugh was "dirty" on the mic the other night, just wait until you hear me at the PARTY!!!! (Especially after a few drinks!) They don't call me "The Laughing Lady" for nothing!!!!!!! LOL!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 30/01/2005 7:58 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Can't wait :wink:

Posted : 30/01/2005 8:53 pm