School Talent Show Gig, My First Gig ever EDIT: VIDEO ADDED

20 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks again everyone!

After watching the video enough I realized that I spent a lot of time looking down at the fretboard. The thing is I just discovered that scale playing two days before the show, and convinced marcus to go with an acoustic and a lead electric instead of dual acoustic. After a bit of practice I won't have to look down at all.

Marcus and I are going to hold auditions for a drummer, and I have a friend thats a great bass player. He called me asking if I was in any projects. I told him that were doing a 2 piece right now but want a 4. He said tell him when and where our first practice is.

Were pretty happy. :)

Once college time comes around, Marcus and I are gonna have to find new guys, as were both heading to Oswego. (It wasn't planned either, it just ends up the college has the best for meteorology and teaching, our two interests)

Glad you all enjoyed the video!

P.S. I played the '51 straight into the Epi Valve Special for the gig, no effects, just the neck pickup on full volume.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 18/01/2007 6:37 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Duffmaster

I really enjoyed that a lot.

You know, if you didn't mention the missed solo, nobody would know. :wink:

I especially enjoyed the end of the song where you both sang, that was very good. And you got a great response from the crowd. I thought your stage presence was fine.

Keep up the great work.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 18/01/2007 8:50 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Duff, that was real good.. Beauty of a guitar too.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 18/01/2007 9:46 pm
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

Awsome!!! What a great way to start!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

Posted : 19/01/2007 12:06 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member

way to go duff, good job 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 19/01/2007 1:51 am
Page 2 / 2