Clear all

Shine A Light

31 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Stones film Shine A Light opens tomorrow, 4/4/08.

Anyone planning to go?

I checked to see which theaters it will be playing at in my area, and the closest one is in Madison, about 45 miles away. (yes, I live in a hick-backwoods town! :evil: )

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/04/2008 10:13 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It's showing the next town over from me, about 20 minutes away. Might have to give it a try if I feel up to it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 03/04/2008 10:28 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I can wait for the DVD too or HBO.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 03/04/2008 12:21 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Not a huge Rolling Stones kinda guy. (go ahead...throw stuff at me, I'm used to it) 8)
Will wait until I accidentally see it on TV.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 03/04/2008 7:23 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

My favorite director and The Stones.

COOL 8)

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 03/04/2008 7:36 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

My favorite director and The Stones.

COOL 8)

You read my mind John.....although I'm wondering what happened to the George Harrison biopic Scorsese was supposed to be working on not so long ago?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/04/2008 8:15 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Sounds like a DVD to me!

Posted : 03/04/2008 9:58 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hmmmm. Seems like we have a few infidels!!!! :evil: :evil:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/04/2008 3:02 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I hope you're not taking names!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 04/04/2008 3:34 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I hope you're not taking names!

I happen to know that your GAX-70 doesn't sound 1/2 bad in open-G. You're half way to enlightenment already. :mrgreen:

Roy

Posted : 04/04/2008 3:44 am
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

IMax theater about 10 minutes away is going to be showing it, already have my tickets for the 8pm show tonight.

Just remember, there is a special place in Rock and Roll H-E-double hockey sticks for those who do not acknowledge the Stones as the Worlds Greatest Rock and Roll band. I think that particular corner of that rather warm place consists of being forced to listen to things like Muscrat Love and You Light Up my Life over and over.

:roll:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 04/04/2008 1:17 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Oh, no, the Stones are on a lower rung than Zep.

They did some real pop pap in the '70s.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 04/04/2008 1:20 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

IMax theater about 10 minutes away is going to be showing it, already have my tickets for the 8pm show tonight.

Somehow I just knew you'd be first in line, Ron! Good to see you back, BTW, and good to hear things are going well. Best of luck with the new band!
Oh, no, the Stones are on a lower rung than Zep.

They did some real pop pap in the '70s.

Ah, but they never stopped rollin'! They also did (for me) the all time great, #1 rock riff - "Brown Sugar." And possibly my favourite album of all time - "Exiles On Main Street." (Usually tied for first place with "Who's Next." For me, the Stones were at their very peak between 68-75 (roughly) - not one duff track on any of the albums between Let It Bleed and It's Only Rock'n'Roll.

Sure, they did the odd duff track - Fool To Cry and Miss You are about the only two I can think of off-hand I didn't like - but so did every band in the history of rock'n'roll. The Crunge, anyone? Revolution #9? Squeeze Box? Anyone can have an off-day, but I'd rather see a half-assed Stones than 99.99999% of all the other bands in the world at full throttle. And the Stones have had a LOT of good days!

Feel free to disagree, that is after all just MY opinion.....but I bet there's a few out there who'll agree!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/04/2008 1:37 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

In the legendary, never ending battle of Led Zeppelin vs. Rolling Stones, I have to cast my vote for Zep. There has never been and never will be another group like them. That is not to say that the RS lovers are wrong, (there is no right or wrong in this discussion) but I just don't get the it. Never did.

Everyone knows Zep is better anyways 8)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 04/04/2008 2:35 pm
Page 1 / 3