Clear all

26 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
12 K Views
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

What are you bringing (be it gear or food or whatever)?

Roughly how many people will be coming with you?

Are you going to participate in the seminar should the distiguished Mr. Hodge come down?

Anything else you care to add.

I'll be bringing myself, my band (that'll be 5 of us) and all of our gear as we'll be playing near the end of the night. I'm sure we'll be dragging a few stragglers along with us as well.

Andrew Delaney & The Horse You Rode In On ---> http://www.myspace.com/andrewdelaney

You can and should buy my album "Scoundrels!" in mp3 format on amazon.com or iTunes etc...

Posted : 28/12/2004 4:56 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well count me in - and Pet and Twisty for that matter......

Be well worth the extra few quid just to get Mr Hodges.....

"Well I'm going to Texas......"

See ya there..............

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 30/12/2004 10:51 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Vic can you contact me ASAP - Don't txt as my mobile crapped out on me, email or PM me on here. Thanx.

Pet.

Posted : 31/12/2004 1:56 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Bringing: Guitar, probably one acoustic, big hair wig, white disco suit, platform shoes

Posted : 31/12/2004 3:09 am
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Then i'll be bringing a blindfold... either for me.. or for Nick when the fashion police firing squad shows.

-marv

Andrew Delaney & The Horse You Rode In On ---> http://www.myspace.com/andrewdelaney

You can and should buy my album "Scoundrels!" in mp3 format on amazon.com or iTunes etc...

Posted : 31/12/2004 3:22 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I'll be bringing one guitar a Vic Lewis and Tils' (Rammstein) hair for Bob

Posted : 31/12/2004 4:48 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

In what city is the jam going to be held? I'd like to come but I really need to see what kind of drive it'll be.

I've been doing alot of driving this past year and I'm not sure I'm up for a long drive solo.

If there's anyone from the Charlotte area that's interested in jpoining me for the ride PM me and we can work something out.

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 31/12/2004 4:49 pm
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Weatherford, Texas. Near Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Posted : 31/12/2004 5:24 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Marv,

Thanks

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 31/12/2004 5:32 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, there'll be me, five more in the band, the chick I fingerpick with who sings like Patsy Cline and probably her bass player boyfriend and various and sundry wives, girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends, one bride and one groom and one minister (!) , :D , one guy from Arlington who I met in another newsgroup and probably his wife, possibly a guy (or two) from San Antonio........ it's looking like about 30 or more for me (but that's for the party...... the only one's interested in the seminar would be the ones from Arlington and San Antonio, and I'm not 100% sure about them yet.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 31/12/2004 8:15 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

If there's anyone from the Charlotte area that's interested in jpoining me for the ride PM me and we can work something out.
Chris

How far is Charlotte from Indiana? Olive is from there and has expressed interest, too.................

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 31/12/2004 8:17 pm
(@olive)
Estimable Member

Charlotte is a bit out of the way from Indiana. It would more or less double my drive time. I like to drive my car, but that may be asking a little too much! Besides, with a 14-plus hour drive time, I would more than likely make this a flying trip if I make it at all.

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

Posted : 02/01/2005 10:26 pm
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Count me in, and my better half will likely accompany me.

As promised, I'll be bringing some Boudin and probably some smoked sausage and whatever other cajun food anyone might like. Perhaps some jambalaya?

I'll definitely bring my acoustic guitar and also my electric if it's likely to come in handy. I also have an amp that I'll bring.

And, yes, I'd definitely be interested in the seminar should the venerable Mr. Hodge choose to come.

Any recommendations on local hotels?

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 03/01/2005 4:53 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Wow! This could be BIG! You definitely need a name!

Already taken:
Riverside Jam
Black Friday Jam (gnease)
Fireworks Jam (Laz)

Be sure to read all the Riverside Jam notes, and other stuff here:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=178

http://www.cyberlaz.com/rj2k/RJ2KNotes.html

https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=92

You are going to have so much fun!

-Laz

Posted : 06/01/2005 6:57 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Desarae is coming plus two of our other friends Rich & Sean are flying in, Vic's other half Marilyn will be attending. There maybe more I have been inviting people left right and center.

We did come up with a name but I don't think we can post it on here.

Posted : 07/01/2005 10:41 pm
Page 1 / 2