Notifications
Clear all

26 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
12 K Views
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, everybody keep on signing up.......... things are back on track and we're going to have a BASH!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 14/01/2005 3:16 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I'm going to need two seats on account of my fat @ss, do I need to sign up twice??

Posted : 24/01/2005 9:55 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Hey Y'all.......... Just wanted to make sure that everything is moving along smoothly..... I've got the hall.... the bands are ready and have the date open for us.... the bride and groom are ready (and THEY will be providing brisket, etc..... for their wedding dinner and my sister and I are doing their wedding cakes).

The groom's cake is going to be a bass guitar!

Nobody worry about dressing up....... wear your blue jeans. This is, after all, a GuitarNoise party with a wedding thrown into the middle of it!!! :D And as soon as the wedding is over the bride and groom will be in their jeans, too!

Anyway, it's getting closer and closer and I'm getting exciteder and exciteder (exciteder???? :o ) I just want to make sure that everything is going to go off without a hitch. (except for those two who wish to get hitched).

I'm getting maps to lead the way from Dallas.... if I need to make maps to lead from other directions, please let me know so I can get everything together correctly so that everyone can show up.

We (being those of us who will be getting the hall ready) will be getting there early and we're hoping to get as much "seminar" in as possible before the wedding guests and others start wandering in (I believe that they want to have the actual wedding around 7pm) and we've got the hall all day!). The band is still willing to play with everybody, show anybody whatever anybody might want to learn from them. Don't have the exact time set as of today but will post it ASAP.

Anybody got questions? Comments? Anybody wanna slap me upside the head and ask me why the hades anyone in their right mind would volunteer not only to host a BIG ASS party, but then throw a wedding in the middle of it, volunteer to re-make the wedding gown and do the cakes? But, shoot, evidently I thrive on "Gotta get it done!".

Nobody's posted anything lately.............let me know if we're still on or if I'm just planning a wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/01/2005 4:06 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Dammit woman, I just showed this to Marilyn.....now she wants to get married, after cancelling the December wedding.....

her latest idea is "Well we're going to America, we can always fly to Las Vegas and get married by Elvis....."

yeah and I'm going to sell my guitars and take up knitting.....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/01/2005 4:51 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Have you considered a double wedding on Feb. 19th? :D

The details are already taken care of........... all you'd need is a license and a wedding dress for Marilyn! (Jenice's is covered in pearls (looks a LOT like the cake) and has a long, beautiful train, but Jay is just wearing black slacks, a white shirt and tie and an antique cumberbund that my sister's husband's grandfather wore to his wedding). I know where there are some wedding gown rental places in Fort Worth!!!!! Or, if she doesn't want to wear white I've got a BEAUTIFUL aqua lace dress that I wore when I had to play "mother of the bride" at my ex-boyfriend's oldest daughters wedding! (Providing, of course, that Marilyn is either an American size 12 or 14).

Can't promise Elvis, though! :wink:

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 27/01/2005 6:58 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Oh! And her bouquet is going to be red and white roses so my sister and I are going to cover a white archway with lots of greenery, red and white roses and tiny twinkly white lights.................... :D

(Not that I'm trying to get y'all married off or anything!!!!!)

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 27/01/2005 7:07 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

In a nutshell .....

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONONONOONONON)

Er that's a NO!

She wouldn't marry me in December, we had the registry office booked, we had the invitations printed, we even had the music sorted out....for we read "I"........and she let me down, said "let's just stay as we are..."

It will be a very very very cold day in Hades before I ask again...and if that reads like stupid male pride, well yes it is - so what?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/01/2005 7:30 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Dammit woman, I just showed this to Marilyn.....now she wants to get married, after cancelling the December wedding.....
her latest idea is "Well we're going to America, we can always fly to Las Vegas and get married by Elvis....."

It will be a very very very cold day in Hades before I ask again...and if that reads like stupid male pride, well yes it is
"Seems to me like she just proposed to you!!!", she said, chiding him gently about his 'male pride'.

Still got a few weeks to think about it!!! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 27/01/2005 8:50 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Vic you can still fly to Vagas and get married by Elvis - Who said anything about Marilyn.... :wink:

(How's that for male pride..)

And NO Elecktra I'm not proposing to Vic before you start!!! But if proposing is going to be the theme...... Yeah I'll shut up now it's not a leap year, I WILL fight you for the bouquet though :wink: heheh

If you need a hand decorating the hall give me a shout.

Posted : 30/01/2005 12:47 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

And NO Elecktra I'm not proposing to Vic before you start!!! But if proposing is going to be the theme...... Yeah I'll shut up now it's not a leap year, I WILL fight you for the bouquet though :wink: heheh
If you need a hand decorating the hall give me a shout.

LOL! I'm afraid that there's only one man that I would ever even CONSIDER proposing to, but I've got to figure out a legal (and moral) way to get rid of his current wife first!!! :twisted: (I don't fool around with married men no matter how much I REALLY want to, and, believe me, I REALLY want to, dammitall!) :D BUT, if by some quirk of fate, (did you hear that, Vic? Forget male pride.... think FATE!), Vic and Marilyn DID decide to make it a double wedding we wouldn't have to fight over the bouquet! There would be two!!! And, I may very well give you a shout to help with the hall!!!! Thanks, btw!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 30/01/2005 7:54 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

LOL! I'm afraid that there's only one man that I would ever even CONSIDER proposing to

Umm - You, me, MSN, Details...........NOW!!
but I've got to figure out a legal (and moral) way to get rid of his current wife first!!!

If you find a way let me know..... There is a spouse in my way too
BUT, if by some quirk of fate, (did you hear that, Vic? Forget male pride.... think FATE!), Vic and Marilyn DID decide to make it a double wedding we wouldn't have to fight over the bouquet! There would be two!!!

This is true.

Posted : 31/01/2005 12:24 am
Page 2 / 2