Notifications
Clear all

Site problems--Anyone else?

36 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I read Nick's "Sticky!" post at the top - seems everything is back to normal except for page size. I changed to low resolution so I didn't have to rely on reading glasses all the time - guess I'll have to change back!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/01/2007 1:10 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

No, far from normal. Intermittently VERY slow still.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 16/01/2007 1:31 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

No, far from normal. Intermittently VERY slow still.

Course intermittant is a funny word cause you could be exactly right and it would be hard to detect but that said.. I havent had any slow response today. I have been refreshing and reading for the past 3 or 4 hours.

Yesterday was really bad.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 16/01/2007 1:41 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i am having to login most everytime still

#4491....

Posted : 16/01/2007 1:46 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

i am having to login most everytime still

I have to log in initially and then subsequent visits to the site seem fine.

Don

Posted : 16/01/2007 2:02 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I read Nick's "Sticky!" post at the top - seems everything is back to normal except for page size. I changed to low resolution so I didn't have to rely on reading glasses all the time - guess I'll have to change back!!!

Vic
How do you mean page size? Just the width of the page? I ask because I just got off the phone to a client who always maximised every window he had open, and was complaining that his site was too wide to read comfortably - I've just been caught out in the assumption that everyone adjusts the browser window to a comfortable size :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 16/01/2007 2:18 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

The page width problem may be on specific pages only, at least that's the case for me, same as always. For example, Page 1 of this thread.

I think the width expanded to accommodate Vic Lewis' post...... :lol:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 16/01/2007 2:38 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Yep, more or less every page will grow if you put long single words or huge images in them (there's ways you (the website) can stop it, but they tend to cause hassle in different areas). I haven't seen this extra width anywhere else though, hence being curious :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 16/01/2007 2:55 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

If you are running XP try going to the command prompt and typing ipconfig /flushdns and then clearing your cache.

See if that improves things.

Posted : 16/01/2007 3:41 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Page size back to normal.....had problems getting in last couple of hours though....

:oops: ....sorrreeee.... :oops:

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/01/2007 4:48 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

The main page is slow once again for me. I'm looking into it.

Posted : 16/01/2007 5:00 pm
(@ricola)
Estimable Member

I'm still seeing painfully slow response waits from the website. I've cleared my cache in the brower, but to no avail. I have had a few brief moments where things were up to speed but not consistently.

hmmmm...

Psa. 42:8
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love,
and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.

Posted : 16/01/2007 5:01 pm
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

Yea I just got in today! Be a computing person you never what it is, Server, ISP.... bandwidth.... sunspots... no really, sunspots has a strange effect on computers. Or, when I don't have answer, I'll use it.

Bob Jessie

Posted : 16/01/2007 9:12 pm
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

This is a test, this is only a test, if you see flying cats followed by a strange bearded man smoking hard drive material, move away slowly.........

Everything seems to be good now!

Thanks Nick and Paul! :D

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 16/01/2007 10:59 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

All better now, I hope! I was getting ready to teach my cats again, after I shredded my hard drive and smoked it! :shock:

Not that anyone cares but this now qualifies as the funniest thing I've ever read on the internet.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 16/01/2007 11:35 pm
Page 2 / 3