Clear all

Site problems--Anyone else?

36 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Is anyone else having problems with the site being extremely, incredibly slow today?

It has been so slow to load anything that it is often timing out/giving error messages. Took five minutes just to open this window for me to post this message. :(

Is it just me ??

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 16/01/2007 2:47 am
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Me too, I just reinstalled everything in my computer and I was getting very frustrated!

I hope it's fixed soon, I don't want to go through withdrawal for TWO things at the same time!

It takes everything forever to load!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 16/01/2007 3:01 am
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Me too, I just reinstalled everything in my computer and I was getting very frustrated!

I hope it's fixed soon, I don't want to go through withdrawal for TWO things at the same time!

It takes everything forever to load!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......

Posted : 16/01/2007 3:03 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Couldn't get in at all before. Now it's just painful.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 16/01/2007 3:15 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Couldn't get in at all before. Now it's just painful.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 16/01/2007 3:16 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I know the feeling....

I was chatting earlier with Moonrider (USA) One Winged Angel (Canada) and Barnabus Rock(Australia) and none of us could get into GN at all - and now it's so slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.........

Took me 9 minutes to get to this point from logging in - which I don't usually have to do.....and it'll probably take another couple to submit....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/01/2007 3:26 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Remember the time warp when we were thrust forward in time?

Now it's in reverse, and

w
e

a
r
e

i
n

s
l
o
w

m
o
t
i
o
n

Margaret

Posted : 16/01/2007 3:31 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Yeah this is terrible, Vic, I might be forced to watch the cricket, on second thoughts that might not be a good idea, oh well. Where's that guitar.

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 16/01/2007 3:49 am
(@thetallcoolone)
Estimable Member

I was having the hardest time to get in too.
From what I've been getting as error messages, it looks like there was some problems at the servers site.

It seems to be back to normal now.
Yeah!
But it's late for me so I'll have to wait for tomorrow.
What a drag!

http://www.soundclick.com/thetallcoolone

Posted : 16/01/2007 3:56 am
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

I suspect a site upgrade (anyone gone to the root site http://GuitarNoise.com and noticed the new look) and/or some site maintenance.

Posted : 16/01/2007 4:23 am
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

All better now, I hope! I was getting ready to teach my cats again, after I shredded my hard drive and smoked it! :shock:

Sorry about the double posts, Yeah, I did notice the new look,(we fear change....)

I guess it was just happenstance that I decided to redo my "confuser" just at the time the changes come in! :shock:

Everything else was working, so I thought I did something wrong! :roll:

Posted : 16/01/2007 4:37 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

All better now, I hope! I was getting ready to teach my cats again, after I shredded my hard drive and smoked it! :shock:

Sorry about the double posts, Yeah, I did notice the new look,(we fear change....)

I guess it was just happenstance that I decided to redo my "confuser" just at the time the changes come in! :shock:

Everything else was working, so I thought I did something wrong! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your poor cats! Gettin' edjucashun though they were happy in their ignorance! :twisted:

Site is working much better for me at the moment. Fingers crossed for it to continue. :D

Margaret

Posted : 16/01/2007 4:41 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Wow, it's positively zippy this morning.

I rebooted the server twice last night, called the host to check on everything and let Paul know. My money is on Paul having fixed it.

Posted : 16/01/2007 10:56 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

yeah, yesterday was a total washout for me, couldn't get in at all, Today everything seems kewl.

#4491....

Posted : 16/01/2007 11:06 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I've been having all sorts of problems with the net in general, on two different ISPs even, but this was the only problem I really cared about :wink:

Somewhere along the line it marked all the unread messages from the last couple of days as read too... :roll:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 16/01/2007 11:40 am
Page 1 / 3