The Mojo's No Mo

13 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, I have officially quit my first adult band. There were alot of reasons. First, every since our Borders gig it seems like the guys just havent been as passionate. It seems like noone has been in it.

More importantly, I have found something else I want to shoot for. I have become ever more passionate about a youth ministry and moving into a area of worship music and becoming an indie musician. Of course, that is the big picture and there are a thousand details to work out. But this is a start and it was becoming evident that I could not work on a continuing list of songs for Mojo and then work on my own thing.

So, its a bit sad but I am excited for what I am doing now. Stay tuned.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 17/01/2007 12:19 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

as someone else said earlier, for every door that closes, another opens.

#4491....

Posted : 17/01/2007 12:30 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Best Wishes in your new pursuits, Geoo! Sounds like you've got some work and some fun ahead.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 17/01/2007 4:34 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

You're not alone, my first band (this was way back) did the same kind of thing. We'd just recorded a few covers as a demo CD, and we were all too skint after that to pay for the rehearsal room for about a month. It just somehow never happened again. We all regret it now, but back then it seemed like nobody really cared about going back to the everyday bit after all the build up of recording something :(

Anyway, onwards and upwards and all that, enjoy your new venture and don't look back! :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 17/01/2007 9:32 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

There's a season for everything Jim.

Best wishes in your new pursuits. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 17/01/2007 11:39 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

More importantly, I have found something else I want to shoot for. I have become ever more passionate about a youth ministry and moving into a area of worship music and becoming an indie musician.

Big steps! Congratulations for taking them! :D

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 18/01/2007 2:35 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys.. I really appreciate the support. So far, man life is great with this decision.

You guys are the best and I dont care what Nick, Paul, OR David says about ya'll :D

Okay seriously, I never hear from Nick or Paul.. Well. maybe Nick.. But it wasnt about you.. I do hear from David... ya.. It wasnt about you either.. MAN I am pumped..

More responses.!!!! MROE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 18/01/2007 2:45 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Alright then.

Sorry, Jim, I hadn't been on much this week and finally got to this post. I think I read some out of order cuz I saw another thread talking about this decision here so I knew I'd missed something.

I think you made the right decision. When I quit my band I was apprehensive but now I find all the stress that I had was brought on by it. I feel much better, too. That makes you realize it was the right decision. Plus, you are going for eternal satisfaction, not temporary like my pastor says. I'm still going to do both when possible. :wink:

I don't even need to wish you luck so all I'll say is, keep the faith!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 18/01/2007 4:19 am
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Jim - big step, but you seem confident in taking it. Best of luck - this means probably, we will have more recordings from you in the future too :-)

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 18/01/2007 9:23 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Jim - big step, but you seem confident in taking it. Best of luck - this means probably, we will have more recordings from you in the future too :-)

lars

Thanks Bish and Lars. Ya, I bet you will. LOL I need to get a demo CD put together for a promo kit. I might do one or two at a studio to see if I can get a better quality recording. Hate to spend money though. I'm getting off track.. Thanks again

Jim

Posted : 18/01/2007 10:27 am
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Jim, I'm not going to wish you luck either because I don't think you are going to need any. Kick some butt and take some names (metaphorically speaking of course)!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 18/01/2007 6:03 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Jim

I agree with all the others, you are making the right decision. You gotta follow your heart. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 18/01/2007 10:11 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Jim, good luck, sometimes you just have to take that first step.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 18/01/2007 11:25 pm