Clear all

So I got a promotion...

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Been offered a new job today at work, a step up into a supervisory role but paradoxically, I will lose out a little financially. It will mean I dont have to work all kinds of shifts (early/late/nights/weekends) at short notice and just work regular day hours, with maybe a little overtime. I wont be as hands on (I am a forklift Engineer, but this job is more managing and working on the PC and phone). I'll also lose my company car as I am based in one place and not mobile any more. Despite all the cons I think its a good move - anyone else offer any insight? got the weekend to think about it!

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 20/07/2007 9:01 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Will it mean you'll have more time for jamming?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 20/07/2007 9:21 pm
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

:D Undoubtedly - time yes, ability no. Money for new toys? no. Sanity through working normal hours again? yes. Im just sat down drinking beer and mulling it all over. Which I will do with my lovely wife tomorrow, then Sunday I'll be round at Vics making noise :twisted:

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 20/07/2007 9:25 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

congrats

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 20/07/2007 9:52 pm
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

We spend so much time at our jobs, I for one think it's well worth a small pay cut for a job that will make you much happier. If I had two job offers in front of me with different pay rates, I wouldn't automatically take the higher one.

Congrats! :)

-- Voidious

Posted : 20/07/2007 9:53 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Will that make you Darth Extraordinary? Congrats.

Posted : 22/07/2007 12:05 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Will that make you Darth Extraordinary? Congrats.

That's his guitar playing, actually - he's too modest, he's better than ordinary - I'll have to record the next jam session, you can see (well, hear!) for yourselves.

Hey Ray - hope you've been working on that solo, because I've got the finger-picking/rhythm part to More Than A Feeling NAILED!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/07/2007 12:11 am