Clear all

Another new addition to the family!!

25 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I was sitting in my living room yesterday when there was a knock at the door. I answered and there were two little kids (a girl about 8 and a boy about 6) pulling a wagon full of puppies!!!! Being the soft hearted "easy touch" that I am, I now have a little boy puppy! I have no idea what sort of mixture he might be, but he's awfully cute! Any hints about his possible lineage would be greatly appreciated! He also hasn't told me what his name is yet, but we'll get to that eventually!

His favorite thing at the moment is to chase my feet and try to eat my dressing gown!

:D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/07/2007 6:25 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. he so cute!

Posted : 21/07/2007 6:26 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Being the owner of two dogs of the female persuasion, I keep saying to Marilyn, "next time they're in season, I'll take them to the park, see if I can find a nice mate for them." Not a chance - she wants them spayed before October. No wonder they only listen to me!

Cute puppy, EB. Don't know what he is, but the colouring and the shape of the face would seem to indicate a Rottweiler somewhere in his genetic make-up, although I could be wrong.

Have fun while he's ony ickle!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/07/2007 6:52 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

He is so cute. I'd agree with Vic about the Rottweiler part and maybe a bit of beagle too.

Posted : 22/07/2007 12:01 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, he's a cutie! Better not keep him on that pretty rug long, though!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 22/07/2007 1:06 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Just a thought - don't you have cats, too, EB? Could be fun and games and fur flying shortly.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/07/2007 1:12 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Hey EB

Good luck raising your baby boy , looking at his feet I would say he going to be about the size of a German Sheperd when fully grown ..

Beautiful eyes he has , bit of a mixture I would say I know thats no surprise , but he does have almost like a boxer / labradore face ..

The tan colour has me stumped though , I know a few breeds that have that colour but not usually around the eyes like your little boy ..

Sorry I could not help you

trev

Ms Blue has a baby boy
I'm sure he will look after you
Oh Ms Blue Ms Blue Ms Blue

All the late night yelping
You will be there helping
Loud clock ticking in his bedding
Little yelps as he is fretting

Ms Blue has a baby boy
I'm sure he will look after you
Oh Ms Blue Ms Blue Ms Blue

_____

Oh well thats my little tribute to the puppy and Ms Blue
And whats his name

"Bluey " from his Blue eyes maybe and you are Ms Blue

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 22/07/2007 2:33 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"Bluey?" Wasn't that an Aussie cop series back in the 70's? Lucky Grills, if I remember rightly?

Vic

Posted : 22/07/2007 2:56 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Now that is a cute puppy! He is adorable!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 22/07/2007 3:20 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Gorgeous! :D

He looks like he's going to be big, beautiful, and quite aristocratic looking. (And I think his name might be Gibson... :twisted: Although Ric will probably tell you it's Johnson... :wink: )

Chris

Posted : 22/07/2007 3:40 am
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

What a cute puppy! :) Never saw a pup' with eyes like that.

Posted : 22/07/2007 5:03 am
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Looks cute! John thought a bit of Rottweiler and labrador, maybe boxer :)

Posted : 22/07/2007 10:11 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Lucky Grills ...................... How old do you thing I am Vic ???

Yes you are right :oops: :oops: :oops:

also anyone with red hair in OZ is called Bluey don't ask me why I just live here

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 22/07/2007 2:34 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

He's getting used to his new home and is having loads of fun exploring!! His little tail goes about a mile a minute!! And, his breath smells like coffee! :D I love puppy breath!! :D

And, yes, Vic, I do have cats! Four of them!! :D One of them won't come anywhere near the puppy, two of them have smelled him and run away, and one let him get close enough to actually touch him before he got swatted!! Such brave cats! Afraid of a pup half their size!! The one who swatted him is really curious about him and stays pretty close so that he can observe this strange intruder! He's working his way closer and closer and I think he may be the one to actually make friends with the puppy! If the pup is going to be a big dog, I definitely want him to be friends with the cats!!!

I was really kind of hoping, though, that he would be a medium sized dog! Big enough to take for walks without having to carry him home, but not so big that he eats like a small horse! And, if he's going to be big, then we've got to break him of having to "live" in my lap!! (He's snoozing in my lap right now!)

And, Ricochet, he's already "christened" my rug!! But, now we're making regular trips out the back door! He MUST be housebroken!!! I've got an acre of land, so he's got lots of room to run around and take care of "business"! (Right now, though, he won't get more than a couple of feet away from me!)

I've been thinking about names, but nothing seems quite right yet! I guess I'll just wait until the perfect name pops into my head! For now, he's "little boy puppy"!

Thanks for all of your suggestions regarding possible breeds! It doesn't really matter to me what his lineage is! He's just cute, sweet and smells like a puppy! But people always ask about the breeds and I have no earthly idea!!

EDIT: You know, Chris, the more I think about it, the more I like the name Gibson!! He kind of looks like a Gibson! We'll just have to see if he answers to it or not! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 22/07/2007 3:35 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

But people always ask about the breeds and I have no earthly idea!!

In certain parts of Britain, dogs of dubious parentage are often referred to as "Heinz" - after the food company (Beanz Meanz Heinz!) who used to print on every tin "Heinz - 57 Varieties."

Vic

Posted : 22/07/2007 3:44 pm
Page 1 / 2