So Long For Now!

15 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hey everyone,

Today is a bittersweet day for myself. Tomorrow I am moving into the city to go to university. This means that my time for guitar will be cut down alot as opposed to being in High School, and as of now I don't have an internet connection at my apartment. That means no Guitar Noise, or at least not near as much.

I've gotten alot of help in the time I've been here, since the Spring of 2003, and I'd like to think I've helped some people too. My guitar playing has come along way, and I owe alot of that to the great help here.

So as it looks, it'll be a month or so where I won't be around as much, maybe longer, or maybe shorter, (I really hope it's the second one). I will keep the scattered look in on this place, but I definitly won't get to post as much.

I want to say a big thanks too all the forum veterans here; Nick, David, Joe, Tim, Wes, Tom, Greybeard, Arjen, Twisted and Twisty, Bob, Taso, EB, and everyone else, theres far to many to list. You've all been great, and I've learned alot from you.

So hopefully I'll be back soon enough, with some recordings, for you all to here, but for now I have to get focused on my degree, so I'll talk to everyone later!

Paul :D

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 01/09/2006 11:12 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Good luck with school :!: Hope to see you back here soon :)

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 01/09/2006 11:23 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Good luck with everything Paul. Come back soon

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 01/09/2006 11:25 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

and off he goes.

Good luck in school, I'll be attending my first year of 'university' myself in a couple of weeks. Hope to hear from you soon.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 01/09/2006 11:45 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Good luck at university, Off He Goes! We'll miss you! Be sure to check in every once in a while and let us know how you're doing! A university is a great place to find more guitar players! You may be playing more than you think you will! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 01/09/2006 11:51 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Cya, Good Luck

#4491....

Posted : 02/09/2006 12:34 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Best wishes, Taso! It's really a great adventure.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 02/09/2006 12:36 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Good luck Paul.

Take care,
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 02/09/2006 3:47 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Best of luck at university.

Hope you achieve all your goals.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 02/09/2006 8:08 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member

good luck paul :D

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 02/09/2006 12:56 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

That's great you're now in college. Focus on that at all costs. Getting that education will make a huge difference in your later life. Guitar (and GN) should always take a back seat. When you get back let us know what you plan to study.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 05/09/2006 6:30 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Study hard and don't forget to look for band mates! 8)

Posted : 06/09/2006 11:02 am
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Wait a minute... you are going off to a city to go to university and you don't think you'll have much time for guitar? Well, if that's the case, just wait until you have a job, wife, and kids... your guitar time will be almost nil!!!

You'll have plenty of time for guitar, don't worry.

Best of luck at school and remember why all guys start playing guitar in the first place...

To get chicks.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Posted : 07/09/2006 5:26 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Best of luck at school and remember why all guys start playing guitar in the first place...

To get chicks.What it really does, of course, is cause you to meet lots of other guys who play guitar.
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 08/09/2006 1:21 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Good luck to you and have fun :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 08/09/2006 3:35 pm