Clear all

Somtimes it's the small things

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hobson)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Tonight is my chorus concert. I sing in the chorus and am playing guitar on about half the songs. I've been doing this for a few years. Last night we had our on-stage rehearsal and something amazing happened. I had enough space for my guitar, guitar stand, music stand, stool, stage monitor and me. OK, it's not up there with having a hot gigging band that audiences love. But up until now the other guitarist and I have been sort of an afterthought squeezed around the drums and having to climb over people when it's our turn to play. So uncomfortable that after each concert I think about quitting. It's nice to be treated with a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Renee

Posted : 14/05/2011 1:50 pm
(@alangreen)

It's a sign that you're being taken seriously; someone has thought about you when they've set up the stage

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 14/05/2011 3:30 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

If it's something that makes you think of quitting each time out, it ain't little. Kudo's on getting the gesture needed from the to continue along, and more for sticking with it. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 15/05/2011 2:17 pm