Our live debut,,,

Friday, August 6th - 9pm

Graffiti's Rock Room
9751 Walnut
Dallas, TX
972-437-2488

more info and free music downloads@:
http://www.thehouseholdgods.com

Andrew Delaney & The Horse You Rode In On ---> http://www.myspace.com/andrewdelaney

You can and should buy my album "Scoundrels!" in mp3 format on amazon.com or iTunes etc...

Posted : 07/07/2004 8:34 am
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Yay, too bad i live in Washington or else id check you guys out for sure!

aka Izabella

Posted : 07/07/2004 9:50 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Andrew-

You've probably got enough to deal with, esp. considering this is the debut, but ...

If you could find a way to record your performance, I'm sure more than a few GNers would like to hear a sample.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 14/07/2004 1:41 pm
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I was hoping to get some kind of recording of it.. whether audio or video and get it online. If we can't get the gig on tape.. we might record a dress rehearsal or something heh...

-marv

Andrew Delaney & The Horse You Rode In On ---> http://www.myspace.com/andrewdelaney

You can and should buy my album "Scoundrels!" in mp3 format on amazon.com or iTunes etc...

Posted : 17/07/2004 1:41 am
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Well.. the day is almost upon us here.... Pet came in yesterday and we're having a wonderful (!!!!!) time.

It appears that the whole show will be videoed digitally.... SO.... I may very well have that put up on my site in order to murder my bandwidth for a while. We shall see.

Wish us luck!!!

-marv

Posted : 06/08/2004 12:26 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Yeeeeeeah!

Go get 'em, Marv....have a great gig!!

Vic

:D :D :D

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/08/2004 12:32 am
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I'm rooting for you in spirit MO! Knock em dead.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 06/08/2004 1:15 pm
(@davidhodge)

I know this is a no-brainer, but be sure to tell us all about it! Best of luck to everyone in the band and tell Pet "Hi" from me and everyone else, too!

Peace

Posted : 06/08/2004 1:20 pm
(@thanatos)

Well, as you know, i've been wishing you guys luck for a while now, and i still think it sucks that i can't be there.

anyway, here it goes again..

Best of luck to all of you guys.

In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep.

Posted : 06/08/2004 4:54 pm
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hey everyone!!!

This is Pet by the way-oh yes I'm in the states and having a great time -dont think the poodle is though but thats another story! Wow its so damn hot out here, I mean HOT, anyway today is the day of Andrews gig (He is really great btw - so is everyone else) we are all pretty excited I think Andrew is nervous either that or constipated -lol (he's going to kick my @ss for that muhaha) so I cant wait its going to be awesome!

Anyway I'm going off to find something disgustingly fattening and covered in lard to eat since its the american way :lol:

Posted : 06/08/2004 5:53 pm
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Pet does all that thread hijacking and now she's moved on to hijacking my user name....

The show was great! We had some technical problems and I accidently switched two songs on the setlist which threw us all a bit. Our keybaord player was in the hospital with stomach flu the previous day and really had no business being out of bed.. let alone being on stage.. but she did beautifully. Our drummer smashed a knuckle on a missed rimshot early in the set but still soldiered on like a pro (a bleeding pro.. but a pro nonetheless). I'm so impressed with the guys right now. I really owe the whole show to them for being so professional.

A great deal of our friends and family were in attendence and they all gave us a great amount of praise as well.. there are two video recordings that were made by different folks there.. so hopefully I'll get some clips off of those to share soon.

The guy who runs the club approached us immediately afterwards and invited us back again. Probably playing in a better slot as well. So mission accomplished. We got a second gig.... I'll put that info up as soon as I know it.

-marv

Posted : 07/08/2004 10:35 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Good to here! It sounds like your band pulled together when you needed it the most. Congratulations on the second gig.

I hope you and Pet are having a GREAT time.

Speaking of Pet, Pet how do you think the show went? And how do you like being surrounded by Americans? :twisted:

Posted : 07/08/2004 11:57 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

YEAH!!! THat's what I'm talking about. Way to go MARV!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 08/08/2004 12:01 am
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

I'll look forward to seeing you when the tour hits Boston!

Posted : 08/08/2004 1:56 pm
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Got an email from the club owner today. Here it is.

Andrew,
I just had a headliner slot come open on Sat.Aug.28th.I think your band can do it.If you want to,let me know as soon as you can so we can set it up.If you can,just contact me back and i'll explain how the pay works,and things you may want to know.If you can't do the show then we'll try to find a later date that works for the band.Either way let me know as soon as you can,because these slots fill up pretty fast.

P.S.
Your band put on a good show.

thanks,
chris
Graffiti's Rock Room

Posted : 08/08/2004 9:57 pm
Page 1 / 2