Clear all

The reporting button

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bizarrely enough, for a site that doesn't allow off topic, swearing and general unpleasantness we do very, very little moderating. The fact the place runs so well is a tribute to all the members who post here. I for one am pretty proud to be a member of Guitarnoise. Seems a bit silly for a site that'll take anyone, nevertheless I call it home. I'm also happy to take credit for all the work you do self policing the place. My Iron Fist is getting rusty.

But every so often we are going to run across a situation where it's not clear what to do. So I'd like to encourage you all to use the reporting button on the rare occasions it seems appropriate.

On the top right hand side of any post you'll see a little triangle with an exclamation point in it. I see that report every time I log in and can help out. You can click it knowing one of the mods will take a look and you can continue on exuding positive energy as you usually do.

Now that I've mentioned both of these tools, reporting and friend and foe, I hope you have no reason to ever use them.

Play well.

Posted : 07/08/2008 10:55 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Yes, daddy.
We'll be good.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 07/08/2008 11:46 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

In my opinion it's because it's generally well known that this site does not allow off topic, swearing and general unpleasantness that you rarely have to do any moderating at all.
reguardless, all the mods do a great job (even Nick)

However,I will always long for a forum here that allows non music related discussion with the GN gang (religion, politics excluded)
But. to avoid the expected dog pile by the mods I've long given up on that, and choose to go thru the arduous task of PMing if i want to discuss something with one member at a time :roll:

#4491....

Posted : 07/08/2008 11:48 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Would this be appropriate for reporting "soft spam" of the type we get from music-industry web marketers like at UMGD? For whatever reason, their posts seem to get a pass all too often ... and someone who has called them out (yours truly, perhaps) has been politely told to pipe down.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:23 pm
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

This would be good for those drive by cd self promoters that occasionally drop in :D

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:43 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yes that would be a good way to use the feature

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:54 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

How do I report this thread ? :lol:

Posted : 07/08/2008 2:29 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

For those of you who reported this post, it did work. Highlighted and tagged for me to see.

Posted : 07/08/2008 3:23 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

For those of you who reported this post, it did work. Highlighted and tagged for me to see.

Is reporting anonymous?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 07/08/2008 3:49 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Only the mods can see it.

Posted : 07/08/2008 4:06 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Only the mods can see it.

It shows up in pink so that it's easy to pick out and deal with.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 07/08/2008 5:44 pm