Clear all

The Return of the Moondawgs

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

You guys are getting the news first! Last Saturday myself, Ricky Wild, and Cousin Vinnie did a reunion jam. Turns out those two have been conspiring for weeks to get me in the room with them. It was maaaahvelous!

After a couple of hours of rockin' out, they sprung some news tidbits on me;

Ricky's job no longer exiles him to the wastelands of Danville during the week, so he's now in the Richmond Metro 24/7. Vinnie's car dealership startup is doing well enough that it doesn't need constant babysitting.

We've decided to resurrect the Moondawgs.

Keep your eyes peeled for more news, it shouldn't be very long before we're out and about. A trio can prepare extremely fast when they're competent as these guys are. They main delay is most clubs around here book about 6 weeks out.

This promises to be a fun project, since we're going to be absolutely genre agnostic and intend to work hard at delivering unexpected, fun music. We've got originals, folk, country, blues, classic rock, pop, reggae, punk, rockabilly and jazz tunes already lined up on the old set list. Our goal is to have people going "OMG! I haven't heard that in ages! What a GREAT song" when we do covers, and "Who did that?What's the name of the song?" on the originals.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 19/02/2013 3:25 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats, moonrider! You going to be in two bands then?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/02/2013 11:48 am
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Congrats, moonrider! You going to be in two bands then?

Yup - the 'Dawgs are going to focus on weekday shows that don't pay as much money. We'll be able to fit in smaller spaces, and focus on those. It's going to be about as stripped down as it can get and still be a show.

When you're a group of six, including sound tech, you have to make a lot more per gig to make it profitable, The Moondawgs are a trio doing sound from onstage, which means we can charge about half what the "big" band does and still make a profit.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 25/02/2013 5:54 pm