Clear all

The Strangest Thing

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I put that Epiphone Jr up on Craigslist for $70, I paid $30 for it. I just really wanted a hollowbody or thinline Tele, so I figured if it sold, then I'll put it towards it.

I got a call today asking if $60 was okay...since it would double my money I said, no problem! Turns out, as I'm talking to the guy, I recognize his voice, and the phone number shortly clicks in my head.

It's the guy that was positive the Windaroo Hollowbody was endorsed by Gibson and wouldn't sell it to me for $100.

I asked him if he still had it, and said...."What about this, what if I give you the Epiphone and $30, and I take the Hollow Body guitar?"

He agreed!!!

So essentially, I paid $60 for something that I originally was going to pay $100 for!!!

Tomorrow at 4:30 is when the deal goes down!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 09/12/2010 4:14 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well Joe your quite the wheeler dealer good luck with the trade. It's a small world.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 09/12/2010 4:21 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

What? You coudln't talk him into new strings? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 09/12/2010 4:42 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

LOL, strings are already new :)

Posted : 09/12/2010 4:44 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, the neck was cracked on the guitar and it looked like a ding in the back was about 80% of the way through the body.

I couldn't do it, so after I said no to his guitar he said no to buying mine....oh well...I still like the Epi Junior, so it's not really any sweat off my back.

Probably for the better!

Posted : 11/12/2010 4:33 am
(@apache)
Reputable Member

That was a shame!

but just goes to show what a small world it is :-)

better luck next tme with the wheeler dealing :D

Posted : 12/12/2010 9:50 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

but just goes to show what a small world it is :-)
+1

Posted : 12/12/2010 2:24 pm