Skip to content
Third time lucky? U...

Notifications
Clear all

Third time lucky? UK Get-together? 2008?

150 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
22.1 K Views
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Hey Hey!!

Missed me?.... Anyone?.... C'mon!.....

Is there room for a little one at this shindig?

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

Posted : 05/05/2008 9:31 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Humph.....where've you been keeping yourself? Real-life shouldn't be allowed to get in the way, you know :D

How come I've missed 3 months of this thread? Blind? Barmy? Or both?

Sorry to hear of your troubles (belated, I know), Vic. Hope the future is calmer than the recent past.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 05/05/2008 9:45 am
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Humph.....where've you been keeping yourself? Real-life shouldn't be allowed to get in the way, you know :D

Ohhh I know!! Real life is a bitter and twisted mistress, who hates guitars and players alike. She's in a good mood just lately and has let me out to play - Muwhaahahahahaha!!!!

Posted : 05/05/2008 9:56 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey, Pet's back! :D Missed you around here.

Vic, I just read about your family problems... been there, done that, it sucks. Hope things are going better for you lately.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/05/2008 10:15 am
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Thanks Dan :)

I was just reading about Vic too.... Dude I'm really sorry for you, but I can't say I'm surprised. I'll never forget the drama..or the armed responce unit we had breathing down our necks because of her in Dallas that time - YIKES!!!

You're a great guy and you will come out of this the other side better off, trust me.

You'll be glad to hear I'm finally getting divorced too - YAY! Hence the absense... but I can tell you I'm so much happier, and you will be too.

Chin up me ole' chap :D

Posted : 05/05/2008 10:25 am
(@davec)
Trusted Member

Hello, well i'm be interested in going to the get together.
Only thing is i can't do 15-17th August, and maybe a few days after due to some serious alcohol abuse at Bloodstock :)

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth." - Eric Idle, The Galaxy Song.

Posted : 05/05/2008 6:42 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Is it in Derby again?

If so you can crash at mine.

Posted : 05/05/2008 6:52 pm
(@davec)
Trusted Member

Well it's in derbyshire.... So i'll be crashing out in a tent, lol.

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth." - Eric Idle, The Galaxy Song.

Posted : 05/05/2008 7:06 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Tramp, lol.

I'll probably be at this here seminar thing anyway, but let me know if you change your mind and I'll give you the keys.

Posted : 05/05/2008 7:27 pm
(@alangreen)

Hey, Pet's back! :D Missed you around here.

Vic, I just read about your family problems... been there, done that, it sucks. Hope things are going better for you lately.

Dan

Yeah, me too. Worn that T-shirt a coupla times. Hope it works out ok Vic.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 05/05/2008 7:32 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Ok, so in the absence of Vic might I suggest keeping this thing on track until the big man gets back?....

I've been trying to get in touch with him, but to no avail thus far - in the mean time can everyone start putting together a list of five or six songs you would like to play, can you also include what guitars, equipment etc you can reasonably manage to bring along and any friends, other halfs, knock off's and mistresses who will be coming with you if any - so we can get an idea of numbers and costs.

Once the lists are in, then appropriate alibi's, MP3's, tabs, sheet music, lyrics so on and so forth can be collated so that everybody has the same information from the same source.

If anybody is willing to car-pool and give lifts to the transport challenged, please raise your hands.

PM or email me until the Vic-Man surfaces.

Posted : 06/05/2008 8:51 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

In the absense of Vic, I can say that (the last I heard, from the man himself) we're awaiting confirmation of the weekend. It will either be the last weekend of August or the penultimate weekend of August. There's another function ( a wedding, or summat) going on at that time and the hotel owner is/was waiting for them to confirm which weekend they had/have before confirming ours.

But that's all I know....one of those weekends is the jam.

Vic's moving, which is why he's offline right now, but he shouldn't be away too long.

And on an off-topic note....I'm two posts away from 1000 posts and the smilies aren't working so I can't even use that wide-eyed one to communicate my shock.

Edit: I have a bunch of mics (full list closer to the time, sorry), possibly a 15W tube amp, definitely as many guitars as I can carry, and I might shifty some gear up to Vic's in advance of this so we can record some/all of it.

Songs......um, Hey Joe seems an obvious choice, how about My Babe (Little Walter)......uh, I'll get back to you on this one.....

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 06/05/2008 4:02 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

The last I heard was, him and the 'Mrs' were back together......

I've tried calling both his home and mobile number and have not been able to get through. I might have to wonder over to his house and beat Marilyn with a huge purple beard (good times, good times).

Regardless of knowing actual dates we can still start putting things together.

Congrats on the milestone. I had over 2000 posts and a couple more years membership until the server crashed and burned :(

Posted : 06/05/2008 4:34 pm
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

PPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiyas

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 06/05/2008 6:55 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!

*BIG FUZZY HUGS*

Posted : 06/05/2008 7:00 pm
Page 9 / 10