Clear all

To every thing there is a season

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

After a lot of thought, and a great deal of sadness, I've decided to leave the Southsidas. There were no "artistic differences" or any of that crap. It's simply that with everything happening in my life, I felt I wouldn't be able to offer the band the level of commitment they deserve.

These gentlemen were some of the finest musicians I've ever played with, and each and every time we got together, it was an exercise of sheer joy.

I hope they are successful, and even though I won't be with them as a member, I'll be remaining with them as a dedicated supporter and fan.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 10/07/2009 2:54 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear. I got the impression that had been your band for a while. Wish you the best though. Gotta make yourself happy.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 10/07/2009 4:23 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Thats very decent of you , I am sure they respect you and your decision as you only had the band in mind ...
I hope in the near future you can dedicate more time and maybe even start up a new band
Cheers for the future
Trev..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 10/07/2009 7:28 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Well, as a friend of mine says, every so often . . . too often . . .
"A man's gotta do whatta man's gotta do" . . .
(but HE usually says that just before passing gas.)

Sorry to hear the news . . . I enjoyed reading your band reports . . . I hope it's for the best.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 10/07/2009 12:39 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

both the realization and decision are commendable, Moonrider. given your talent, I'm sure you will be able to jump back into the fray when you are ready.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 10/07/2009 3:08 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

The thing is, I'm leaving the band because of entirely unexpected solo success. I've hit the point where I have so many offers to host open mikes and karaoke shows I'm actually having to turn down work. What started as a couple of fill-in spots and one-offs has simply taken on a life of it's own. I've done 5 shows in the last seven days, could have been doing one tonight that I turned down, and have a show tomorrow. It's literally snowballed in the last month. :shock:

I'm hoping I can use my success to help them along as well. They're four of the best friends I have!

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Posted : 11/07/2009 12:35 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

The thing is, I'm leaving the band because of entirely unexpected solo success.
Well then . . . there you go . . .
we knew it wouldn't be too long before you were back up . . . on your feet again. :mrgreen:
It's hard to keep a good man down.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 11/07/2009 3:23 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

A musicians got to do what a musicians got to do :wink:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 15/07/2009 2:46 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Is that when you sneak one out and cover it up with a loud solo?

Best of luck to you moonrider!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 16/07/2009 1:11 am
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Is that when you sneak one out and cover it up with a loud solo?

Best of luck to you moonrider!

LOL - been there, done that, got yelled at by my band mates for it, Roy.

Posted : 16/07/2009 4:45 am