Clear all

Tom Hess - Free Guitar Clinics - September 7-13

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Hello to all!

Tom Hess, frequent contributing writer to both Guitar Noise and Music Careers ( http://www.musiccareers.net ), not to mention guitarist for HolyHell and mentor of many guitarists around the world, will be participating (with seven other professional guitarists) in a series of guitar clinics being held between September 7 and September 13.

These two-hour workshop will cover various guitar playing topics and are, of course, open to the public. This sort of event is a terrific and fun way to learn some new things about guitar and to get the chance to learn them from first class players and teachers.

Here are the dates and locations:

September 7 JC¹s Guitars ¬ Algonquin, Illinois, 3pm
September 8 Guitar Center - Arlington Heights, Illinois, 7pm
September 9 Guitar Center - Grand Rapids, Michigan, 7pm
September 10 Guitar Center - Indianapolis, Indiana, 7pm
September 11 Guitar Center ¬ Florence, Kentucky, 7pm
September 12 Guitar Center - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 7pm
September 13 McNeil Music - Vestal, New York, 5:30pm

I hope you get a chance to meet Tom and to learn from some cool guitar techniques. And, should you go, be sure to tell him "hello" from me!

Peace

Posted : 01/09/2008 12:16 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

Any chance he will also be visiting the small town of haslingden in lancashire? :D

only kidding - if only i lived a couple of thousand miles closer :(

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 01/09/2008 5:48 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

if only i lived a couple of thousand miles closer :(
What a pity! I like very much his articles on the main site. I pretty sure it will be a great opportunity for learning techniques :(

Posted : 02/09/2008 11:26 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Alas, hockey season is starting. I will be busy for the next 10 months now. Shame I will not be able to go. Would love to meet Tom and have a chance to learn 1 on 1from him.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 02/09/2008 2:01 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I'm going to try making it to the session this Sunday.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 03/09/2008 1:50 am
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Too bad I live in NC. :(

Posted : 04/09/2008 9:28 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I just got back from it. It's pretty good - well organized, nice clear handouts, good presentations (and even some free CDs!)

Tom strikes me as a good guy, a sharp businessman, and a very good technical guitarist. He's also a very friendly guy, nice to talk to.

He's one of a half-dozen presenters, and sort of MCs the whole thing - jumping in every now and then to clarify a point. The clinic is geared mostly to intermediate guitarists, although the last segment - in which Tom discussed how to practice efficiently - would be useful for everybody... even if it's stuff you already know, it's the kind of thing we should all be reminded of regularly!

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 07/09/2008 10:47 pm