Skip to content
Twist of Fate- VFW ...

Notifications
Clear all

Twist of Fate- VFW Oakville Ct. with pics.

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I already wrote on this, but Twist of Fate played at the VFW hall in Oakville Ct. on Jan. 27th. The gig was a benefit to raise money for the local food bank. It was basically a free gig, we did each get $20 to cover gas. But we were glad to help in a good cause, and a little publicity doesn't hurt either.

It was really a pretty normal gig except we kinda got lost on the way there thanks to MapQuest. I don't think I will ever use these instructions again. We were maybe half hour late, but we still got there in plenty of time to set-up and do a good soundcheck.

We did play a few new songs like Red House by Hendrix, Turn the Page (more like Metallica plays it), and even some down-tunings like Shine by Collective Soul and Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana. Lane our other guitarist resisted down tunings for a long time, but I think he is starting to enjoy them now. They do sound HEAVY. :twisted:

Here are a few pics of the show.

Dom Nuzzi on bass:

Lane (Fast Lane) Nordgren on lead guitar:

Lee Hodge on vocals

Myself on rhythm guitar (I play a few solos):

And of course, nobody took a pic of our drummer Jeff Stanko :D

We have our next gig at the Blackboard Cafe in Windsor Ct. on Friday, Feb. 9th.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 03/02/2007 6:06 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

cool pics wes 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 03/02/2007 10:03 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Great pic's Wes, thanks for sharing those with us. Your vocalist, any relation to a certain D Hodge ? :wink:

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 05/02/2007 7:20 pm
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

Those pics have a cool look to them...sort of like the colors ran on the film. Very cool looking.

Oh and your singer has cool pants...

Posted : 12/02/2007 2:08 am