Clear all

upcoming gig (sorta)

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

well its not really a gig but the school is having a talent show and we are doing 2 songs for it just like you by three days grace and we are debating on something else thats pretty simple from bands in the same category that like three days grace, crossfade, default, and cold

i call it the drop d category cause all the songs are almost always in drop d
me and the other guitarist, the bassist and the singer almost kno the song to a t but we still have like 3 more months to practice ( we practice about 4x a week)

do u guys kno any songs by any of these bands that are pretty easy to pull off ( im pretty excited about this considering my first little show was today) but heres the kick to the talent show we do not have a drummer .. all of the drummers at school are already playing with someone else and the one kid thats not doesent like doing covers ..tell me before i get out there how bad this is gonna sound?
im pretty sure we could pull it off though

and the little show today was in history class , me and a partner had to write a rap, i done like anything about rap so we asked if we could write a song and bring in a guitar and an amp, she agreed to it and he went home and wrote the lyrics and i went home and slapped together a few powerchords and a little tiny fingertapping solo type thing and ender with one long powerchord and i really really liked that

i mean i have played at school before , on the last few days they let us bring our guitars in and we all go to the video room and play together but thats differnt, i havent ever actually done a song song before, i dont have stage firghts so thats good but overall any pointers?

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

Posted : 30/08/2006 1:24 am
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I'm too old to know any of the bands you know but congrats on your gig! In 3 months you'll have practiced 48 times at your current 4 times a week. Someone else will have to give advice on easy new songs.

I think you'll sound great. If the song is easy and you're playing overdriven or distorted power chords you can't go wrong. Crank it up and go for it. With that new 100w amp you can do some damage.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 30/08/2006 6:44 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the upcoming gig.

I also do not know any songs by these groups.

Talk to the drummer, see if he will agree to do the covers if you throw in one original. Might work.

If all else fails, get a simple drum machine. You have 4 months to program it. The Smashing Pumpkins played a full year with a drum machine before they finally found Jimmy Chamberlin. Worked for them. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 30/08/2006 8:42 pm
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

we have a drum machine i just thought about that ..we never use it though, well have to see what we can come up with

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

Posted : 30/08/2006 9:51 pm