25 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

well congrats in absentia then

Posted : 12/07/2008 9:00 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Absent no longer - I have returned. Can't keep a good man down for long - or even a fairly average one!

Thanks all for congrats!

Musenfreund, I already have a mantra - Jai Guru deva om ah bouwaka pousse pousse - but if you like, we can do a chorus or two of the Nutopian National Anthem..... :lol: .....or perhaps a quick chorus or two of "I'm-a-lama-ding-dong".....

I'm not sure being a lama suits me - insanity was more "me." You know where you are with insanity, I was comfortable with insanity, it fitted me like a bespoke-tailored suit! Although I have been known to be a little woolly-headed at times - I'm probably more of a llama than a lama. I don't particularly feel enlightened - perhaps (BAD PUN ALERT) alpaca bag and travel the world in search of said enlightenment?

Oh and RGalvez - when you reach this landmark, you'll be the Lima Lama.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/07/2008 8:05 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The mantra's perfect -- it's good to have another Lennon Lama around -- almost sounds like a soda, doesn't it?

And remember, Lamahood, or as the French say, Lamatude, is merely an instance of officially recognized and sanctioned insanity!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 12/07/2008 10:15 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Oh and RGalvez - when you reach this landmark, you'll be the Lima Lama.

Vic

:D

And if he gets to be a rock star he might get to be the Lima Lama in the Limo...

Great to see you back Vic. Will the promotion change you though? Will you be something of a Drama Lama? Or perhaps a Lama with a Calmer Karma? :roll:

Chris

Posted : 12/07/2008 10:38 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

And if he gets to be a rock star he might get to be the Lima Lama in the Limo...

And if he gets stuck between gigs he'll be the Lima Lama in Limbo in the lama limo....your turn.....
Lamatude, is merely an instance of officially recognized and sanctioned insanity!....I feel so much better now......

Hmmmm, I feel a song coming on -

"I'm a lama, I'm enlightened,
I'm a guru, don't be frightened,
Just take what I say with a pinch of salt,
Take me serious, that's your fault...

I'm a lama, rama-lama-ding-dong,
Fancy joining me in a sing-song?
Hone your skills and follow me,
To the Ess -Ess - Gee.....

I might finish that in the AM - or I might just throw it in the "you got to be joking!" pile.....Saturday night beer again...

Oh well........

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/07/2008 11:00 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

And if he gets stuck between gigs he'll be the Lima Lama in Limbo in the lama limo....your turn.....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I like it!

He'll probably have a groupie or two along for the ride though. So he might well be the Lima Lama in the lama limo, stuck in limbo with a bimbo..... :?:

Hmmmm, I feel a song coming on -

"I'm a lama, I'm enlightened,
I'm a guru, don't be frightened,
Just take what I say with a pinch of salt,
Take me serious, that's your fault...

I'm a lama, rama-lama-ding-dong,
Fancy joining me in a sing-song?
Hone your skills and follow me,
To the Ess -Ess - Gee.....

Vic

Nice one. :D

Funnily enough I started on just such a song last night too. Fortunately, we had to go out for dinner last night, so the world was spared it. But it got thus far before being cruelly abandoned:

:note2: :note2: :note1:

Everyone knows Vic Lewis,
From soft strummer to high gain screamer
He has friends all over the planet
Including a Llama from Lima

Who knows what lies in his future
What's there in his musical karma?
Will it be groupies who shout at his car
“The man in that limo's a Lama”…..?

Or maybe he'll just keep on playing
And writing his personal song
Cheering us up with his jokes and his posts
With the rest of us plucking along

:shock:

Well... it doesn't look quite the goods this morning, but it was well meant at the time...

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 13/07/2008 12:19 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

And if he gets stuck between gigs he'll be the Lima Lama in Limbo in the lama limo....
Vic
So, if he has to do an "Amy Whinehouse" and go on the wagon, he'd be the Lima Lama in Limbo in the lama limo drinking Limanade....

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 13/07/2008 6:02 am
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

congratulations Vik. that's fabulous. i didn't know we had lama's here. in any case, i want one!

Posted : 13/07/2008 10:30 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Cool Vic! We are not worthy ............................ 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 13/07/2008 10:47 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Congrats, Vic! Always inspiring to read your posts!

Jim

Posted : 13/07/2008 12:32 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Does Dali Lima know about this?

Congrats Vic

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 13/07/2008 3:51 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Well, he is the Dali Lama afterall so I guess he saw this coming for years.

Posted : 13/07/2008 5:58 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I hope not - I don't fancy being covered in Guinness labels! Although if he needs any help to dispose of the contents, I'm available.....

Vic

Posted : 13/07/2008 6:01 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

You could be "Lewis, the Label Lama". Get childrens books written about you and your efforts, no, make that campaigns to rid the world of unfair profiling.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 13/07/2008 6:06 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Congrats Vic!!!

Question is, what's next? I mean it's only a matter of a few weeks before you hit the next level...right? :lol:
What comes after Lamahood? Supreme Exhaulted Ruler? You'd have to belong to a Racoon Lodge for that I suppose. (Old Honeymooners reference for all of you 20somethings out there)

I know I'll never reach the Lama Land. I don't think I have 7600 things to say. Even if it IS about guitars and music!!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 14/07/2008 3:31 pm
Page 2 / 3